Chapter 14

Chapter 14.

April.

"Today?"I asked.

"Yes, today, like I called to tell you yesterday."

"You called me yesterday?"I tilted my head.

"Uh, duh. That's what I just said."Kennedy said.

"Well..alright. No need for the attitude stupid. I'm getting up."

"Alright then. Bye."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Did you get a call from August?"I yawned.

"Uh no. Not in a while. Why? Did you?"

"No."I frowned."I missed his visitation yesterday."

"Oh. Well give it a minute. He may be asleep and it's sort of early. I read that they don't get to call until like 9. It's 8."

"Alright. Bye, I guess."

"Bye."She hung up.

I went to my messages and texted Zay.

To: Zay
Get up -8:23am

I climbed out of bed, taking my phone with me to the bathroom. My stomach was feeling okay today but it was really hard, meaning I was due for a puke any moment now. I raised my shirt in the mirror and tilted my head at my stomach. It was sort of round, making me turn to the side to look at it.

"Still the same."I murmured.

Sighing I let the shirt fall back into place before picking up my toothbrush.

From: Zay
Why? -8:26am

To: Zay
Because I said so. -8:27am

I managed to finish getting ready by 8:45 and was out the door by 8:50. My phone vibrated against my back pocket so I pulled it out of my shorts to answer.

"Hello?"

"Why you botherin' me lil girl?"Zay grumbled.

"Because I want you to come to the beach with me."

"So you had to text me fifteen mo' times?"

"You weren't answering."I locked my door behind me.

"Why you goin' to the beach so early anyways?"He yawned.

"It wasn't my idea, I'm just tagging along."I hit the unlock button on my car key."So get up."

"But whyyyyyy?"He whined."I gotta go to work today."

"Okay? I'll drop you off."

He kissed his teeth."For real?"

"I promise. I don't wanna be out long either. What time do you have to go to work?"I opened my car door and got in.

"Three o'clock."

"Okay. I'll drop you off before then. Get dressed, I'm about to come get you."

"Aight man."He hung up.

I put my key in the ignition and started the car up. I then turned the ac on full blast to cool me down from the heated temperature outside.

It wasn't a long ride to get to Zay since he stood on campus. I texted him that I was outside and he texted back that he was coming out now. I waited a bit while drumming my fingers against the steering wheel.

He finally came outside with a girl hot on his trail. They exchanged words before he came jogging over to my car.

"Was that another one your stand girls?"I snickered.