Chapter 13

Chapter 13.

April.

"I just pulled up,"I yawned over the phone,"please don't forget to tell August to call me."

"I won't."Lola said."The only reason why I'm bringing my ass all the way down there is because Roman wants to give him candy."

I giggled while grabbing my purse."Leave my baby alone, he misses his uncle."

"I miss his ass too. Anything to keep you occupied and off my line."She joked.

"Girl bye."I hung up on her with a smile.

I figured today would be a busy day since it's Halloween and most girls like to dress a little...revealing most of the time. I wasn't knocking their hustle though because I guess when you feel a certain way, you feel a certain way. I just hoped today was my observation day or something. I wasn't in the mood to do much saying that I threw up this morning.

I got out of the car and locked it behind me, stuffing my keys in my purse. A few people were coming out of the mall, some with kids dressed in their costumes.

"I'm gonna get so much candy mommy!"A little boy shouted excitedly.

"Yes, you are baby."She giggled while reaching her hand out."Hold mommy's hand so we can cross the street."

I smiled to myself before opening the door and entering the building. I wrapped the jacket around me tighter and tried to zip it up.

"What the..."I stopped dead in the middle of the mall.

I looked down at my stomach and continued to try and zip up my jacket. It wouldn't budge over my stomach so I just shook my head.

"I really need to stop eating McDonald's."I mumbled.

I pouted a little and sulked towards where I knew Victoria's Secret was. The jeans I had on were really hugging my thighs and in plain sight I should've tossed them when I couldn't zip them this morning; but they were really cute and are kinda my favorite pair.

I walked into Victoria's Secret and hid the frown on my face. I started to walk up to the front desk but someone bumped into me while walking backwards.

"Oop, sorry."She quickly turned around."Oh.....wait. I know you."

"You do?"

"Yeah,"She smiled,"You're April right?"

"Uh..yeah."I looked at her name tag."Saje, um..did the-"

"How's your boyfriend?"She tilted her head.

"Uh, excuse me?"

"I saw him..and you. On the news. How are you and him?"She asked again.

I looked around the room as if I were lost. Who just brings that up in conversation? The first conversation at that.

"You're kidding me, right?"I chuckled.

"Did I offend you? I'm sorry if I did but I just asked a question-"

"A totally inappropriate question."I cut her off.

"Well April I just wanted-"