Chapter 29

Chapter 29.

Jaxon is April's ex. He put his hands on her and August shot him in the woods. Good? Good.

April.

"Hey, um, wow."He said first, his face full of shock.

"H-Hi. How are you?"

"Good, good."He nodded."You? How have you been?"

"Great."I clasped my hands."Never been better."

"That's good."He nodded and looked around the empty swimming area."You here alone?"

"No, I'm out here with a couple of friends. You?"

"I'm actually waiting on my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"I smiled."Really?"

"Yeah,"he rubbed the back of his neck,"I kinda expected the pool to be empty. Guess not."

"Right. Because I'm here."I bit my bottom lip."I should probably go now."

"No!"He shouted making me freeze."I mean, no. You don't have to go right now. She shouldn't be down here for another hour knowing her."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."He cleared his throat."Yeah, uh. Stay. I actually wanted to, or needed to actually, talk to you."

"Really?"I tilted my head.

"Yeah."He began to walk towards the jacuzzi."I wanted to, you know, apologize."

"Apologize. Right."I nodded awkwardly.

"Look, I've had, a lot of time to think. When I say a lot, I mean it. But um, since I had that time I realized I was completely in the wrong for even approaching you the way I did."

"The way you did?"

"Yeah. I clearly wasn't over my ex and I had that drinking problem-"

"That big drinking problem."I commented without thinking."Sorry."

"No, no. You were right. I had a big drinking problem that I should've handled better."He sighed."You didn't deserve that."

"It's fine."I sat my purse down near the jacuzzi.

"No, April, it's not."He shook his head."I didn't..I mean..I would never-"

"Mhm. I'm listening, I'm sorry if this is rude but I can't get in the jacuzzi with this dress on."I said while trying to get my dress off.

"No, that's alright. Do what you have to do."

"Ha. Got it."I let the dress drop to my ankles.

"Woah."His eyes got wide.

"What?"I followed his gaze until I met my stomach."Oh..OH! Oh man, I'm sorry."

"Y-You-"

"I know. I'm sorry. This probably isn't helping."I began pulling the dress back up.

He cleared his throat and stopped me."Stop. No, it's fine."

"Jaxon, it's the you-know-who situation all over again for you."

"No it's not."He chuckled a bit."April, I'm honestly happy for you. You deserve this."

"Really?"I let the dress drop again.

"Yeah. Whoever got ahold of you now is a lucky guy because you're a great woman."He bit his bottom lip."And I wish I hadn't did you like I did."

"Thank you Jaxon. That means a lot to me."I nodded truthfully while stepping into the bubbling jacuzzi.