Chapter 15

Chapter 15.

April.

"This is so stupid."I mumbled to myself while getting out of my car.

Yesterday, after the realization that I didn't get my period when I was supposed to, I scheduled an appointment at the clinic. Not only did I have to go to the clinic today but I also had to meet up with August's lawyer–or the assistant lawyer at least.

However, all of this would have to be done after I got off from work.

To put the icing on the cake I still hadn't heard from August. I didn't know if that was good or bad news. Auntie Norma didn't go to work yesterday so she said she didn't know what was up. She told me she'd have to see today and give me a call. That was good enough for me. I was actually relieved he didn't call because then I'd have to lie about what was going on with me.

Obviously there was a chance of me being..pregnant...and I didn't need him worrying about that right now.

I held on tightly to my phone while I walked into the mall. Heather texted me that she was here already since I kind of got up earlier than needed this morning and she did too.

"Hey girl."She waved when she seen me.

"Hi."I scratched my head."You look so lively."

"I may have put a lil effort in this mornin',"She chuckled,"Same goes to you besides yo' frowny face. What's wrong girl?"

"Just feeling down."I shook my head."I don't know. I just..I don't know."

"Well this sweater is cute. Where'd you get it?"

"Aldo I think, but I can't be too sure."I played with it."It's one of my favorites though."

"Well the shop doesn't open up for a few because Saje hasn't come with the keys."She rolled her eyes."So is there anywhere you wanna go for a bit?"

"We can go anywhere to be honest. I don't have no money to just blow like that but I'll look."I chuckled.

"Girl same. Between paying for Jeremy's commissary, my lil new house bill, and popping up at the court every five seconds...pfft."She scoffed."I barely can afford to look at nice shit."

"Ugh, you just reminded me that I need to pay for August's commissary, his house bill, and check on his car."I frowned.

Since it was the beginning of November, new problems were popping up for me. I know August told me not to worry about his stuff but I'm not gonna let him lose everything he worked for since he was 17/18 years old. He moved out of his aunt and uncle's house a few months after he first moved out here, and bought a place of his own then.

So I just felt like it would be wrong of me to let him lose that just because I can't hold it down for him while he's in the predicament that he's in.

"I feel for you Hun. I really do."She shook her head.

"The things we do for them, huh?"I chuckled a little.

"You don't even know the half of it. I'm just ready for him to get out so we can move forward in life."

"You and me both."I agreed."I really hope this talk with this lawyer chick will help him."

"Help him meaning?"She took the lead in walking into American Apparel.

"He's supposed to be working in the cafeteria to..kind of,"I moved my hands,"assist him with his years."

"Like cut a few off."She nodded.