04.

~

Next Week Thursday...(July 10th, 2014)

Aaliyah's POV

"Don't make me make you fall in love with a-" The door slams shut in my loft and I immediately turn off the music.

"I'm home, Liyah!" Jordan yells from downstairs.

"Okay, I'm in my room."

For the past week and a half, I've been working for Abel. To be honest, I've grown accustomed to being around him and his crew already. Besides the endless flirting, everything seems to be going just fine. My favorite guy out of the whole crew has to be Lamar, though. He's the chillest out of all them.

It's 12:00 and I'm getting ready for work when an unfamiliar number calls my phone.

647-707-2828 (the song references!!)

I answer and immediately regret when I hear that familiar voice.

"Hey, Liyah." Abel says with an unusual twinkle of energy in his voice

"Don't call me Liyah, Abel. Now what do you want?" I say with an attitude. I don't feel like being bothered with him.

"That's no way to talk to your boss, now is it?"

"Abel, what do you want?" I ask, already annoyed.

"Okay then. Be rude like that. I was calling to say that at 4 today, we'll link up at Republic then head to rehearsals for a small little concert I'm doing tonight. There's going to be an after-party as well, so wear casual clothes to the concert, then you can change for the after-party." He explains.

"I'll go to the concert as your assistant manager, but I'll pass the after-party. I don't need to be around you or your thirsty fans, especially when y'all are faded."

"I wasn't asking you to come. I'm telling you to come." Abel demands.

"Well, I'm telling you that I'm not coming."

"Your contracts states that your hours are subject to change for special events and requests made by me. So as your boss, I'm telling you that you're coming to the after-party."

I hang up and roll my eyes, even though I know that no one's looking. Why does he have to do that? I don't even want to go to the stupid party but the selfish bastard forces me to go. I had plans with Bianca!

I text her to let her know.

me: sorry bianca but we can't have sleepover night. abel's making me go to a party!! ugh...i hate him

bianca : girl, i'd do anything to go and party with him!! him and his crew sexy asf, especially the dark skin one with all them muscles 

me: 😂 well then how about you come?

bia: LIYAH YOU FORREAL? YOU AINT BULLSHITTING ME RIGHT??

me: nope, I'm sure he'll let you in

bia: GIRLL YASSSS I WANT TO FUCK WITH HIS HOMEBOY