28.

~

Two Weeks Later...(Tuesday, November 18th, 2014)

Abel's Inner Thoughts:

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately. I never thought I'd feel this type of hesitation. All of a sudden, I've been so confused.

On the positive side, I think I'm in love with Liyah. I've been infatuated with her deeply for the past few months. She's always been the one girl to stay on my mind and I've repeatedly shown how much I need her. If she'd ever walk away from me, I feel as if my life would be clouded with darkness.

On the negative side, I've realized that I'm too late with Liyah. I'm in love with her, but it's too late. We're drifting apart and I can feel it. She's inching towards Bryce. I've been out with other girls at clubs for the past few weeks, coming home early in the morning.

We've both been lying to each other with our infidelity. How long will it be until to one of decides that we can't take this destructive relationship anymore?

Aaliayh's Inner Thoughts:

Denial is one word you can use to describe what I'm in.

All this time, I've been in denial about Abel. Of course I love him. I fell in love with every single thing about him, including all his imperfections. But I can't help to feel that I'm falling out of love...

I've been in denial of Abel's infidelity. It's complicated; we're in a relationship, but then again, we're not. We both love each other and he's admitted it, but we both have been with other people.

My feelings for Bryce are getting in the way of Abel and I's 'relationship,' and it's clearly affecting us. He's been lying almost every night about where he's been, like I'm dumb. I guess I can't come to terms that our 'relationship' is going down this destructive path.

I feel like I'm turning in to the 'Valerie' portrayed in his song. All I know is that we're both going to end up getting hurt in the end...

~

Aaliyah's POV

This morning had to be the worst morning I've had in a while.

One, I woke up at 9AM from a nightmare (which is WAY too damn early) I had. It's been a recurring nightmare with the same thing happening every time.

~

"Abel...come to me..." I call out.

All I can tell about my surroundings is that we're on top of a roof. Abel is on one end, while I'm on the other. The sky is a ruthless dark grey, thundering above me.  The red bricks circle around the top of a roof, like we're on a tall, 10-story skyscraper.

A strange glass border surrounds the rooftop, as if it were a barrier. I'm begging and pleading for Abel, but his eyes seem to be filled with a strange, empty darkness. The whole demeanor of this dream is scary and makes me feel like I'm alone in this world.

Suddenly, two big, burly men came out from either side of me, causing my adrenaline to race throughout my body. I felt one of their strong hands wrap around my throat and the other pin my arms around my back.