16.

~

Flashback...(Thursday, September 18th)

Aaliyah's POV

I was shocked by who I saw at the door.

"B-Bryce?" I ask, confused. "Why are you here?"

"Well, hello to you, too." He greets, but he's not smiling.

"I haven't seen you since this weekend. Why have you been avoiding me?" He asks.

It's true. I've been purposely avoiding his texts and calls and not walking through the lobby at all. To be honest, I still feel like a hoe for sleeping with him. The awkwardness between us would've been too much for me to handle.

"I'm not avoiding you. I've just been busy this week." I lie. Both him and I know I've been avoiding him and the exact reason why.

"Can I come in?" He asks.

My actions are working against my mind as I opened the door for him. He stepped inside and before I know it, he embraced me in a huge hug. I let myself relax in his arms.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. He usually never hugs me like this.

"Did I do something to upset you?"

"Of course not." I tell him while we sit on the couch together. "Some things have been going on at work."

"You sure it's not because of Abel?" Bryce asks.

"Well..." I say, dreading what I'm soon going to tell him.

"I'm going on tour with him for about a month."

His expressions are unreadable to me. The only trace of emotions I notice is a small look of hurt. I didn't want to hurt him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? I like you a lot, Liyah."

I ruin everything, don't I? Now, my feelings for both Abel and Bryce are starting to confuse me. I feel a few small tears form in the brim of my eyes because I know I'm slowly starting to lose Bryce.

"I'm sorry, Bryce! I w-was-" He cuts me off.

"We both felt something for each other that night, Liyah. You had to." He pleads. The desperation in his eyes makes this even sadder.

I'm the reason he's feeling like this.

"Bryce, listen to me. You have to leave. Abel's going to be here-" I try to reason with him, but he cuts me off again.

"Fuck that nigga! You know he doesn't care for you!" His voice raises. "He won't be able to love you like I could!"

A few tears stroll down my cheeks. Fuck, why am I crying? I have to be stronger than this.

"Please-"

"I'll leave if you tell me you don't feel anything after this." Bryce states.