Chapter 2- 'Painful Mate'

Mason's POV-

I just turned 17 and I still haven't found my mate. I'm a little upset, but not everyone in the pack has. I was lucky if I ever found my mate because not everybody finds their mate in their lifetime. So, I'm not a complete misfit. Usually people (if they're lucky) find their mates after they complete the full-out wolf transformation where they get all of the wolf gene in them and they change into their wolves for the first time. It's actually quite special in a wolf's life.

Right now, I am sitting on the floor of the playroom with my little sister, Amber, when I got this pang in my chest next to where my heart is. I ignored it for the first few times, but then it was getting worse. I needed the pack doctor. NOW! I got up and stumbled keeping my balance by holding onto the wall. I carefully hobbled down the stairs when I got the pain again. This time it was worse. I screamed out in pain and my dad and my dad's beta came running and saw me holding my heart.

"Get me...doctor." I could barley choke out those three words, but with the few amount of words that I said, I was in the pack doctor's office in a matter of seconds.

"Oh, Mason, what is the problem?" Dr. Byren asked me.

I took a deep breath and breathed out, "I have a pain in my heart and it hurts like hell." He nodded and walked over to my father and pulled him out of the room.

'What the fuck? I'm in fucking so much pain right now and you walk out of the fucking room to chat with my dad?' I thought to the doctor and he looked at me through the glass door and held up a finger telling me to wait a minute. I held in a breath to ease the pain and the pain went away for a few seconds then came back.

After what seemed like forever, my dad and the doctor finally came back into the room and my dad had a smile on his face and the doctor did too.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked them seriously with my eyebrow raised.

"Well, Mason, it seems that I know what caused the sudden pain in your heart." The doctor replied with an excited smile.

"Really? What caused it?" I asked excitedly. Slowly, the pain was subsiding and I wasn't in so much pain.

The doctor and my dad looked at eachother like they knew something I didn't, which obviously, they did, but they could've at least told me already, my thoughts were interupted by my dad saying, "Well, son, it seems the pain was caused by your mate. Your mate was being hurt in some way, so you felt that pain because of the bond you have with her. Have you met her yet?"

"No, dad, I haven't met my mate yet, so how come I feel like this? Don't you feel your mate's pain after you've met them?" I asked confused.

"Yes," Dr. Byren started, "It seems that you and your mate have a really strong connections, so once you do meet her, you two wont be able to hold out as long as normal mate couples would. Your love for eachother will be very strong, stronger than the love between any other pair of people in the world. I don't know why, yet, but it will be. I'll tell you when I find out why, but it'll be hard."

I smiled at the thought of me and my mate being special, but what happens if our love is really strong, but we fight all the time? I wonder what my mate will be like. Hopefully, she's not like my bitch of an ex-girlfriend who fucked me then cheated on me with some kid in the chess club just to 'get some.'

After we left from the pack doctor, we went upstairs and we sat in the living room and watched TV.

"Hey, Mas, I want you to look in the 'Mate Book' so that you learn a little bit about your mate because I heard your thoughts about if she was going to be like your ex-girlfriend." My dad said and smiled. He told me where it was and I went upstairs to go see it.

'Mason Hollis, Alpha in training. Age, 17.

Your mate will be graduating from eighth grade tonight at 8:30. She has been bullied from Kindergarten until now and she is scared that it will never stop. She wants somebody to save her, make her feel better and tell her that it will be okay. She is not easy to get on the good side of. You will be able to come around to her, but not that fast.I can't tell you what she looks like, but I can tell you that she will make your heart flutter and she might make you unable to breathe. That isn't normal for men as young as you, but your love for her will be something you can't help. Once you meet her, you won't be able to stop thinking about her and you won't be able to get her off your mind. You won't be able to control your temper, so you might frighten her. One last thing Mason Hollis, your mate's bully is your ex-girlfriend.'

After I read that, I had the urge to find out where my mate was graduating. And I can't believe my mate is only 14! She is just a baby! 3 years younger than me! That's all the more reason to be protective and never let her get broken.