Chapter 35- 'Dinner and a Movie'

'Dinner and a Movie'

<Mason's POV>

Ashley and I arrived at 'Le Restaurant' at 8:30. I hopped out of the truck and jogged to Ashley's side and opened the door. I grabbed her waist and picked her up and set her on the ground. "You're really small, you know that right?" I laughed.

Ashley glared at me and crossed her arms. "Not my fault." She muttered. She pouted and leaned against the trucks door. She was muttering something about it was her moms fault, but her mom is 5 foot 9. Her dad is 6 foot and all her brothers are at least 6 foot except Mikey who is 3 foot 7.

I smiled and walked up to her. I pressed my chest against hers, but I didn't touch her with my hands. "Your mother is almost my height. You, sweetie, are only 5 foot 1. I don't know where you got it from, but you are short, and cute." I smiled at her and leaned down and grabbed her chin with my hand. I slowly pressed my lips against hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I turned my head to the side a little.

I moved my hands down from her chin to her waist and held her in place. We pulled away for half a second than I kissed her again. She moved her hands from my neck to my shoulders to my back.

My grip on her waist tightened and I had to control my wolf from marking her again.

'We want this date to go well and we don't want her to be tired and pass out, remember?' I reminded my wolf.

'But she's so irresistible.' He whined.

'I know, but maybe later, just not now.'

'Fine.' I went back to kissing Ashley. I slid my hands off her waist and put them under her thighs and pulled her up my waist and wrapped her legs around my waist. She smiled into the kiss a little and moved her hands up to my neck and played with the ends of my hair.

She pulled away and rested our foreheads together and we both had our eyes closed, just enjoying the moment. I leaned in and pecked her lips. "Don't worry, Miss. Jefferson. I love short." I whispered in her ear before dragging my hand down her arm and grabbing her hand. I slowly pulled away and brought her hand up to my mouth and kissed her knuckles.

I pulled her into 'Le Restaurant' and when we opened the door, the bell made a little 'ding' noise. "Uh table for two. Hollis." I told the front desk man awkwardly scratching the back of the neck with the hand that wasn't holding Ashley's.

I heard Ashley giggle and I looked down at her and playfully glared at her. She smiled back up at me and I felt my face light up with adoration. I looked away when the front desk guy cleared his throat. I looked at his name tag and it said 'Brock.' I looked at his face and he repeated, "Hollis, table for two. Right this way." he explained looking up from his computer and grabbing two plastic-covered menus.

He placed the menus on the table and walked away. "Hmmm how nice." Ashley muttered. "Asshole." I laughed and pulled out the chair for her and pushed her back in with ease.

I sat across from her and picked up the menu. Ashley did the same thing and when I looked up, her eyes were wide and filled with confusion. "Want me to order for you, baby?" I asked her and she nodded and looked at me gratefully. I smiled and soon enough a waiter came over.

"Bonjour. Mon nom est Frankie. Je serai votre servoeor ce soir." 'Hello. My name is Frankie. I'll be your waiter this evening.' "Qu'est-ce que vous voulez boire?" 'What would you like to drink?'

"Bonjour. Je voudrais de l'eau et un coca, s'il vous plaît." 'Hello. I would like water and a coke, please.'

"Ce que ce sera tout?" 'will that be all?'

"Oui." 'yes'

He nodded and walked away after scribbling down our order and clicking the pen closed. "You did order me water, right?" Ashley asked while looking at me with big eyes.

"Yes, baby, I ordered you water." I laughed. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" I asked seriously.

She blushed and nodded whiled looking down at the table, tracing the intricate designs on the table cloth. I grabbed her hand and held it tightly in mine above the table. The waiter came back and gave us our drinks and we- I mean I ordered Ashley chicken Alfredo and Cesar salad. I ordered myself lasagna, clam chowder, and chicken soup.

Ashley was gawking at me the entire time because I finished before her. After eating for about an hour and a half, I asked for the check and paid.

I stood up from the table and walked over to Ashley and helped her up. I held her hand tightly and we walked out of the French restaurant hand-in-hand.

I picked Ashley up and headed to the car while she laughed as she hung down my back. I laughed and set her down on the cars hood and kissed her hard.

I kissed her jaw line and her neck and behind her ear and every other visible skin area. She laughed and pushed me away and hopped down. I helped her get into the truck and got her buckled in. I swiftly kissed her lips before walking to the other side of the truck after closing the door.

We headed off to the movies and I bought tickets to see 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' because that's all Ashley talked about nowadays. As we bought candy and popcorn and soda, Ashley started squealing in excitement. I laughed and lazily hung my arm over her shoulders and carried the food. I ignores Ashley's demands to let her carry something. And just kept walking.

She opened the theater doors and got a seat in the back. I smiled because that's my favorite place to watch a movie because you don't feel like everybody is watching you, and nobody can kick your seat, and you don't feel like anyone is sticking their face in the hole in the seat next to your head.

The movie started and Ashley cried a little when Cinna was getting beat up and she screamed when Peeta got hurt, but that got me mad. Ashley turned to me when she felt me stiffen and my breaths got ragged. She leaned her head on my shoulder. "I would do much more than scream and cry if you got hurt, Mason." She whispered.

I leaned down and kissed her lips before she pulled away. After a while, the movie was over and I was tired and so was Ashley.

We hopped in the car and drove off to the pack house. When we got there, Ashley and I headed up to my room. I knew Ashley would be staying with me tonight so I had someone bring over her school bag and tooth brush and all the other stuff girls need to get ready in the morning.