Chapter 46- 'I'm Sorry'

I'm sorry

-Mason-

As Ashley finished her water, I put the dirty cup in the sink. I turned around and Ashley was sleepily leaning on the island. I chuckled and picked up her gently and hauled her upstairs. Her arms wrapped themselves around my neck and as I walked through her bedroom door and shut it.

I pushed her up against it and connected our lips together. I tangled my hands in her hair as my knee kept her in place on the door. Her nails dug down my back and I winced slightly at the sharpness. I pushed myself closer to her then I originally was. Her head tilted back and I peppered kisses all around her neck until I got to her mark. I began kissing her mark and her breath hitched.

"We have to stop." I breathed out disappointed. Ashley nodded looking upset. "I don't want to. Trust me. It's just... I can't do that to you when you're only 14."

She slipped down out of my hands and walked over to the bed and covered her body with the blanket. I sighed and walked over to my side of the bed and laid down. Ashley's back was to me and I felt bad. I knew that she hated being 14 because she couldn't do a lot of things. I put my arm around her but she scooted farther away from me. "I can't do that because I'm 14." She growled sarcastically.

"Ash I didn't mean it like that. I just meant-"

"Yeah I know." She whispered. "I'm sorry for being 14. I can't do things that I know that you want to do and I can't be the person you deserve." She turned to face me, tears were welling up in her eyes and I put my hand on the side of her face. "I'm probably the worst mate in the history of the world. I want you to be happy and I want you to have a normal werewolf life. I want you-"

"God dammit Ashley. What don't you understand? I don't fucking care about any of that shit. I just want you." I stood up and ran my hand through my hair, frustrated.

"You're the one that doesn't understand shit." She cried. "You don't understand what it's like to way be 'too young' or 'too innocent' to do something. You'll never understand because you're perfect Mason Hollis. Never too young or too innocent to do anything."

"I'm not perfect Ashley so shut up." She looked broken. "Ashley." She got up and stormed out of the room and I heard the back door slam shut. I groaned and rubbed my face with my hands.

Charging down the stairs and rushing out the back door, I looked around frantically. It had began to drizzle and it was getting muggy and wet. It seemed to keep raining harder, matching my emotions. I searched around the backyard for any sign of her. Then I saw it. The old, garden swing. I slowly walked over to it and sat next to the shivering girl. "I don't want to talk to you right now." She sobbed.

"Then don't." I sighed.

Silence overcame us. The only sound was the rain pittering down on the roof of the garden swing. Ashley's shivering body became more and more obvious and I slowly moved closer to her and out my arm tightly around her shoulder. She didn't move away but she did glance at my arm for a second before returning her gaze to the stars.

"We should go inside. This is why you're sick and if you get worse your brothers will have my head." She nodded and began walking toward the house, her arms crossed in front of her chest. I shoved my hands in my sweatpants pockets and followed slowly behind her.

As we got inside, she walked up to her room slipping now and then, me always trailing behind her with my hands shoved in my pockets. I closed her bedroom door behind me and she had closed her bathroom door at the same time that I turned back around. I sighed and walked into the closet and got dry pajamas. They consisted of black and red plaid pants and a white v neck.

I sat down on Ashley's bed resting my elbows on my knees and placing my head in my hands. I heard the shower turn on in the bathroom and I began to wonder what was going wrong. Ashley and I weren't perfect anymore. We were either fighting or mauling each other which usually caused us to fight. I was so consumed in my thoughts that I didn't hear the water turn off or the door open.

Ashley slowly walked out of the bathroom and quietly sat behind me on the bed. She hesitantly wrapped her legs around my waist, tucked her arms in my chest from behind. She slowly placed her head on my back and sighed. "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know."

And we left it at that, hopefully avoiding another fight.