Chapter 4- 'Private Talk'

Mason's POV:

I drove to the middle school and immediately, I felt butterflies and smelled the most amazing smell ever. It was a mixture between vanilla and roses. I could tell that my mate was close. The principal was calling names. I walked into the crowd and some guy named Simon Harvard was walking up the aisle and onto the stage. I could sense his douche-y ness, so I immediately hated him. Then a girl went up, but I felt nothing towards her. Then Ashley Jefferson came up. My god, she was beautiful. Then I realized something when the principal hugged her.

She is my mate, and if that old creep doesn't let her go, I'll rip his throat out.

I was relieved when her brother, I'm guessing yelled at him before I did... After a few more people, the queen of bitches walked across the stage. Rynn. I couldn't help, but let a growl of hatred escape from the back of my throat. The people next to me looked at me like I was a mad man.

"Ex-girlfriend." I told them and they nodded. After all of the names were called and they threw their hats, my beautiful mate walked towards a car and I followed her. I'm not a creep. I followed her, but walked past her car, but I had to sneak a glance at her as I did and I smiled as she put on converse and took off the heels.

'So she's that kind of girl...' I thought to my wolf.

'Oh, you'd be surprised..' He replied. I was confused.

'You know her? How come you didn't tell me before?! I could've asked her out before!

'Mason, I wasn't powerful enough to talk to you when you were in school with her.'

'Oh, right. Sorry... What else do you know about Ashley that I don't?'

'She has 6 brothers, she had 7 but... well, I'll let her tell you that.'

'Okay, well, I'm gonna go talk to her. Wish me luck.'

'Dude, I'm inside you, I'm with you all the way, literally, just don't fuck up, or just ask me what to say. Your wolf is always right.' I rolled my eyes and walked back to where Ashley was and her friends were. I could smell her beautiful scent from over 100 feet away. I walked behind her and took a deep breath.

"Um... excuse me?" I said only loud enough for her to hear. She turned around and smiled.

"Can I help you? And if you're one of those pervs who will say 'yes you can help me' in a very seductive and creepy way, then fuck off." She said sweetly.

"Actually..can I um... god why can't I talk right now?" I mumbled. I heard her giggle and I swear to god that is the most beautiful sound in the world.

"Look, dude, just tell her so we can get back to our conversation." A girl said from behind her.

'Dude, she can't talk to us like that. We're the next Alpha for crying out loud. If she wasn't friends with my mate, I swear to god I would fucking put her in her place.'

'Shut up for five minutes. I'm trying to-" I was cut off by Ashley snapping her fingers in my face and saying, "Hello? Anybody home?" I chuckled and said, "Yeah just thinking."

"So, you needed to talk to me about something." she pushed.

"Yeah...um...privately....." I trailed off. I could hear her friends go 'oooohhhhh.'

She grabbed my arm and pulled me away from them.

"What did you need to tell me...privately?" she giggled and I took and deep breath.

"Well..." I started.