Chapter 39- 'I'm Here For You'

'I'm here For You'

Ashley's POV-

We entered the lunch room and everyone bowed their heads slightly to show respect, but not enough for my fellow humans to notice. I looked up at Mason and saw he was pretty much glaring and trying to look tough.

"Stop looking mean. I don't like it." I whispered to him and poked his chest with my not sprained hand. He looked down at me and smiled.

"I have to look mean. I'm an alpha." He smiled at me and I saw the pride in his eyes.

"Alphas are mean. I don't like alphas."

"Sweetie, you're an alpha." Miranda said walking up to me and patting my cheek before strutting away to the lunch line which really wasn't a line more like one person but anyway...

"How did she-"

"Werewolf hearing." Mason whispered to in my ear before kissing where my jaw met just below my ear. I smiled and turned around to face Mason and leaned up and kissed his cheek.

I pulled away from him and walked towards where Miranda was and smiled at her as she handed me a plate. I grabbed salad, a piece of pizza and 3 hamburgers. I also grabbed a coke and a sprite.

After I paid for the lunch, I walked over to where Mason was sitting, put the three burgers and pizza and coke in front of him and pushed some of his hair off his forehead and kissed the top of his head before walking away to where Miranda was sitting with a boy and a few other people.

"Hey!" I said happily. Miranda smiled at me and then looked behind me and I looked to where she was glaring and saw Rynn and her 'groupies.'

She looked over at me and nodded respectfully at me. I smiled at her and nodded back. I looked behind her and saw my old friends. The ones who I told everything to. The ones who I trusted with my life- well used to anyway. I sighed and looked down as my eyes locked with Brittany's.

Her lips twitched up in a small smile before her sister Remi turned to look where her gaze was and she nudged her arm and glared. As they all made their way over to a table, I saw Remi and Brittany having a heated argument. Then Brittany stormed out of the lunch room.

"I have to." I muttered as I saw Miranda open her mouth to tell me to stay put. I got up and followed to where Brittany was. I sighed when I saw her leaning against the lockers with her face in her hands and her shoulders shaking violently.

I slowly and quietly made my way over to her and slid down next to her. "Why are you here?" she asked through deep breaths.

"You know," I started looking at the wall opposite of us, "I've been wanting to talk to you all summer. And just as I'm about to call or text you, I realize you're not the same anymore."

"Look if you're here to give me a lecture, get the fuck away from me...Luna." She replied dryly.

"Look. We may not talk anymore, but if you ever need me, I'll be there for you." I said and hopped up from my spot and walked away.

As I walked into the lunch room everyone stared at me, "She's all good!" I said putting my hands up above my head with a thumbs up. Everyone laughed, "But you- I need to talk to you." I said shaking my finger at Remi. I looked over at my Mason and nodded my head telling him I wanted to come with me. He jumped up and ran over to me and smiled at me.

Mason's POV

Ashley, Remi, and I walked out of the lunch room. I had my arm lazily slung over Ashley's shoulder and she guided us to an empty part of the hallway.