Chapter 41- 'He's Dead'

'He's Dead'

*Ashley's POV*

After I got home I ran straight into my room and closed the door. I turned on my tv and sat on my bed with my knees pulled up to my chest and tears in my eyes. I still couldn't believe that Mason would kill a guy.

I searched my brain for any part of me that knew I could stay away from him, but I knew I can't.

He's like- like that one person or thing that your parents tell you to stay away from, but after hearing how much they don't want you to see them, you get addicted to them. You want to see them 24/7. Hell you'll marry them.

I put my brain wall down and saw what Mason saw. He was looking at his phone. It was a picture of...me.

MASON

'Ashley looks so cute in this picture.' Damien sighs in my head. I sniffle and nod wishing she would just come back.

'I miss her.' I whine and I break down again. Powerful Mr. Alpha is broken, everyone in my pack knows that.

I lock my phone and feel a presence in my room, but there's nothing. I feel like Ashley is using our mind-link, so I show her all I feel for her.

Love.

Passion.

Lust.

Protectiveness.

Possessiveness.

Intensity.

Happiness.

Sadness.

Anger.

And so many, millions even, other emotions. I tried to talk to her but she blocked off talking. I could only show her things. I looked down at my chest and looked to where my heart was. I pictured in my mind a picture of her on my heart, showing her that I love her and that my heart only beats for her.

There was a knock at my door and I growled at them. In walked my future beta, Xavier, and he sat down on my bed and nudged my shoulder with his. "You okay, man?" he asked quietly. I shook my head no.

"I'm a monster." I whispered.

"No you're not, you're a werewolf and you were protecting your mate. Mas, it's gonna be okay, I'm sure some day Ash will forgive you. She loves you man, I saw it at the introduction. How she looked at you, it was amazing. I hope one day when I find my mate, she looks at me like that." He softly whispered.

"I want mine. I want her here. I want her with me." I growled and stood up.

"I know, Mason, but you have to give her space. She's a human, they take time to process this kind of stuff. Now come on, rogues were spotted on the East territory. Next to SeaHawk Bridge." He nodded his head towards the door and I nodded, walking with him to the backyard and shifting, barging into the woods. I cut off all mind-links with Ashley so that she wouldn't have to see this. But before I did that, I showed her how sorry I was because now, I was killing people all over again.

ASHLEY

There he goes again, killing people, ruining peoples lives. What about their families? Their children? Their friends? What about them, huh? How would he feel if someone that he loved was killed.

'Ashley.'

'What?'

'Mason is...'

'Mason's what, Xavier?'

'He's- he's dead, Ashley.'

'W-what?'