Chapter 29- 'Chocolate Covered Strawberries.'

'Chocolate Covered Strawberries'

ASHLEY'S POV~

As Mason and I sat on his bed eating my chocolate covered strawberries, I feel his eyes boring into the side of my face.

"What?" I ask looking over at him.

"You're so beautiful." Mason smiled at me. I shook my head and created a wall with my hair.

"No I'm not. I'm ugly, short, and-" Mason kissed me, but I could feel his anger inside of me.

Woah..what?

Why do I feel his anger?

I broke apart from the kiss and stared at mason in confusion. "Why do I feel your anger?" I ask him.

He smiled slightly and answered, "Because I marked you, you can feel my emotions and I can feel yours."

"H-how is that even possible?"

"We're mates. When a male wolf marks his mate, for example you and me, they are able to feel each others emotions and talk through a mind-link. I don't know if all of that works though, since you're human."

"Oh." I smiled as he nudged my forehead with his. He lightly kissed my lips, taking my bottom lip between his teeth. I raised my hand and ran my fingers through his long hair.

He released my bottom lip and kissed me sweetly on my cheek.

"You taste like chocolate." Mason whispered looking straight into my eyes then his flicked down to my lips then back up.

"Thank you." I whispered back. He pulled me on top of him as he lay down on his bed. My head that was resting on his chest could feel and hear his steady heartbeat.

I traced random shapes on his gray t-shirt. He hummed a familiar song that I recognized as 'Autumn Leaves' by Ed Sheeran. I smiled as I looked up to see his eyes sleepily looking down at me.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hey."

I smiled as he slowly moved one of his hands from my back to my face, gently stroking the hair that had messily fallen in front of my eyes.

"Do you wanna go out with me later?" Mason asked looking away from me for a brief second. I smiled and nodded reaching up and pecking his lips for a second. He looked relieved as he moved his hand to the back of my neck.

His thumb slowly rubbed against the smooth skin of my neck and he smiled softly at me. It seems like all we can do lately is smile at each other. It's like we're making up for the lost time over the summer.

"Now, what's this I hear about your friends saying I'm too good for you?" he whispered a little harshly.

"Umm..well-I..um. They kind of heard about us breaking up and apparently, they had a crush on you." I felt his disgust and smiled at him. "Anyway... they got mad at me for being mates with you. I was so confused..the only friend I still have is Miranda. She told me that-no offense from her- you were gross and you were really annoying."

"Well then." He playfully rolled his eyes. I rested my hand on his cheek. His eyes fluttered closed as he moved closer to my touch. I smiled as I thought about how only I could see Mason like this.

Other people saw him as the tall, strong Alpha who didn't give a shit about anything except keeping his pack safe.

"What's going through your pretty little head right now, beautiful?" Mason's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing."

"Come on, Ash. We both know that's not true. Tell me." he prodded moving me impossibly closer on top of his muscle-y chest.