Chapter Twenty Four- 'Forever and Always'

'Forever and Always'

Mason's POV

My dad sent me to Ashley's house to get killed by her family. I can't believe I did that, but I don't want to hurt her

After she walked out of my house I threw stuff around in my room and I looked out my window and saw her out my SnapBack on the car.

I almost walked out and kissed her and told her not to go, but I couldn't deal with myself if I hurt her.

I knocked on Ashley's front door and I could hear Ashley sobbing from her room and I could hear my heart break.

Ashley's mom opened the door and smiled slightly at me. I looked at her and opened my mouth to say something, but then her smile disappeared.

"Mason. Don't. Just go inside and wait for the boys." She glared at me. I looked down and walked into the house and sat on the couch.

I waited a few minutes and focused my hearing and I heard Ashley talking to someone.

"Dad, please. I don't want you guys to hurt him. I love him."

"Ashley, he hurt you-"

"I know, but still. Dad, promise me?"

I stopped listening there and rubbed my face with my hands and groaned.

"What did I do?!" I mumbled. "Oh my god."

I kept reminding myself that I did this so she wouldn't get hurt.

"You know, I thought that you were actually a good guy, Mason. I thought- I thought that you were going to be different you know, not like Simon. I thought-" Ryland said.

"Ryland! I get it, okay?! I understand that I fucked everything up!" I said standing up.

"NO MASON! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! I WAS SITTING UP IN MY LITTLE SISTERS ROOM WHILE SHE WAS CRYING AND SHE KEPT TELLING ME NOT TO HURT YOU! I WANTED TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF! I WAS HOLDING MY 14 YEAR OLD SISTER WHILE SHE CRIED BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WANT TO BE WITH HER!" He screamed at me.

"She came home, and she screamed and locked herself in her room. Do you know how scared I was that she was going to do something to hurt herself. and over you? A boy who now I know doesn't deserve her." He whispered and stormed out of the room. I groaned and ran my hand through my hair.

"Mason." I heard Mark say. I turned around and there stood Mark with his hands clenched. "I'm going to kill you."

He lunged at me and I just stood there while he tackled me. I knew I deserved it.

I braced myself for the punches but they weren't coming. I opened my eyes when I heard Ashley scream.

I pushed Mark off of me and muttered a sorry then looked around to find Ashley. She was standing in the doorway.

"You promised!" she screamed at Mark.

"Ash. You know he deserves it!"

I couldn't help but sit there and watch my mate cry there defending me even when I hurt her.

"You promised!" she yelled again and charged at Mark, jumping on his back while hitting and kicking him. He carefully slid her to the front of him and hugged her.

She slowly stopped hitting him and calmed down. She just sat there limp in his body.

"This is what you caused." Mark growled.

"I know." I muttered while feeling my eyes tear up.

"Why can't I hate him?" I heard Ashley whisper.

"Because, you're mates. Ashley, let's go, mom wants to take care of you. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!" Mark yelled the last part looking at Ashley's wrist.

"Not now..." Ashley murmured.

"What?" I asked.

"Like you care!" Mark growled.

"I do fucking care Mark! Why do you think that I told Ashley that we couldn't be together?! She was the best fucking thing that's ever happened to me! I don't want to hurt her! My damn wolf wants Ashley, but she's only 14! I don't want to hurt her like that! I know that you want to kill me and I want to kill myself because of this just as much as you. I thought that this was the best thing and that she wouldn't get hurt!"

"She's hurting even more douche bag." Alex growled from the doorway.

"Don't. Call. Him. That." Ashley growled back at him.

"Ashley, he's right, I-" I started.

"Don't. Talk. To. Her." her dad said from the doorway as well.

"Stop ganging up on him, guys! He was doing this to- or at least he thought- to keep me safe. Even though I'm hurting even more than I would've been if we did- ya know- I don't want him getting hurt." Ashley said looking down.

I looked at her longingly and my wolf whimpered.

My wolf scratched and came out. I felt my eyes change colors from my brown to my wolfs green.

Yeah, when my wolf is mad, or I'm turned on, my eyes are black.

But when my wolf is just my wolf, my eyes are green.

Everyone gasped as my wolf talked.

It came out gruff and husky, "Ashley... We're sorry. We don't want you to be hurting." He let out another whimper and Ashley looked at me and started crying again.

My wolf made me get closer to her and I didn't object. Her brothers did though.

They pulled her away from him and he called out, "No! Ashley! I love you! Don't forget that!" I got control back.

I said just as loudly but with more passion, "Forever and always."

------------------