Chapter Twenty Six- 'Can I Talk to Ashley for a Sec?'

'Can I Talk to Ashley For a Sec?'

Ashley's POV-

Mason looked at me and his breath caught in his throat too and a sad look crossed his features.

"Ashley?" he whispered.

"Mason." I said while looking back at my notebook. I could see the other girls drooling over him and it made me jealous.

He was mine.

Was.

He probably had a new girlfriend.

He probably took her to the skatepark and they skated and he got mad at the boys staring at her.

"Ashley I-" Mason began but he looked at the teacher and said, "Can I talk to Ashley for a sec?"

I looked at Mr. Evans while shaking my head 'no' with a pleading look.

"I suppose." He sighed. And shot me an apologetic frown.

I shook my head no and stayed in my seat. Mason looked over and said, "Ashley. Follow me."

I shook my head.

"Ashley, now."

I shook my head.

He came up and picked me up out of the seat and the familiar sparks shot through me and I kicked around.

"Put. Me. Down" I said.

"We'll be back."

He walked out of the classroom and into the hall. He made sure no one was around before he put me down. "Ash, baby I-"

"You can't call me that anymore. Only my boyfriend can call me that." I whispered tearing up.

"You have a boyfriend?" he growled through gritted teeth.

"I had a boyfriend, but he dumped me and now he probably has a new girlfriend who he did everything that we did with. She's probably way better than me and-" he cut me off.

By kissing me.

I whimpered because I missed how he felt against my lips.

Then I realized what was happening when he put my hands in his hair and he put his hands on my waist.

I tried pushing him away, but he gripped my waist. I pulled my head back and looked at him and started crying.

This is what I'm missing.

I miss him.

He pulled me to his chest and cradled me in his strong arms.

Then I woke up.

Just kidding you wish it was that simple don't you?

Well it's not.

I grabbed his shirt in a fistful and pounded his chest with my other hand. He didn't even flinch.

"You left me! I loved you! I still do and I can't help it! Do you know how much I went through this summer? My brothers had to drag me out of my room and my so called 'friends' said that you were too good for me anyway. Miranda is the only close friend I have left. And it's all. Your. Fault." I kept pounding on his chest while crying. He put one hand on the back of my head and pushed my face closer to his chest. I felt a drop of water on my head and I don't know why, but I stopped pounding on his chest and looked up.

Mason's face was red and there were tears coming out of his eyes. Speaking of his eyes; they didn't have their usual sparkle. His hair was messy and he looked like he hadn't gotten much sleep.

I put my forehead on his chest and looked to see what he was wearing, but he couldn't tell that I was checking him out.

He was wearing a blue plaid shirt and black khaki shorts. Also, he was wearing a diamond stud earring and black boots.

He looked hot.

"I know, Ashley. I know I left you and I don't have another girlfriend. No one is better than you. I love you and I had to break up with you because i couldn't deal with myself if I hurt you. I would die if i hurt you and I know that would hurt you even more." We probably looked like total freaks standing outside a classroom and crying.

Yes Mason was crying.

I looked at him and I knew that I couldn't give in to him. I had to say no.

But I didn't. I couldn't.

I loved him too much.

I took my hand and wiped the tears off of his face while we stared into each others eyes. I sucked in a strangled breath as he wiped mine off too. I choked on a sob and rested my head on his chest.

"I miss you." he whispered.

"I miss you too." I whispered back looking away from him and down at the floor.

He got down on his knees and hugged my waist and rested his forehead on my stomach. His shoulders shook as he cried. Something else was wrong. I could tell.

He wouldn't cry over just this. I put my hands on the back of his head and ran my fingers through his hair and leaned down and kissed the top of his head.

"I- I don't know what to do. I can't be away from you, but I can't keep myself at an area where I can't reach you. I have to be able to touch you, without hurting you. I can't hurt you. I-I don't know what'd I do with myself if I did." Mason said.

"We could be f-friends." I stuttered calming myself down.

"No!" he said loudly, "I have to be more than friends with you, Ashley."

"Then I don't know, Mason."

"I missed you like crazy. I can't go another day without you. I need to be able to see you like I used to." He said kissing my forehead, "I need you in my life as more than just a friend."

"Best friends?" I joked trying to lighten the mood, but it only seemed to get heavier. Mason growled and glared at me. "Right, sorry." I mumbled.

"I want you to be my girlfriend again, but I can't hurt you."

"Supervised dates?" I suggested.

"Fine, but they have to stay at least 547 yard away from us."

"Why 547 yards?"

"That's werewolf hearing range."

"Oh." Mason got up and walked us to the girls bathroom and he walked in with me trailing behind. "Mason, this is the girls bathroom."

"I know, I can read." he snapped. Well then. I looked down, but kept walking in. He stopped in front of the sinks and wet a paper towel.

He wiped my face with the paper towel so it didn't look like I was crying.

His face had already cleared up.

Lucky him.

He looked like something was bothering him. "What's wrong?" I sighed.

"Your shorts." I giggled at him. He's back. My Mason is back.