Chapter 11- 'Its Not What You Think' Part One

Ashley's POV:

After the incident by the car, I started jogging away from Mason. I heard branches snapping and leaves crunching, "Ashley? Ash! C'mon Ashley! I need to talk to you!" Mason. How did he know which way I went? My scent. Dammit!

I ran faster now trying not to break too many branches and not make too much noise. I looked over my shoulder to see if Mason was following me, but as soon as I turned my head and saw nothing, I ran into a hard tree or something. Then that something came crashing down on me and knocked the breath out of me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and then opened them and was greeted by an unfamiliar pair of green emerald eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked. I stared at him in awe. He was gorgeous. His blonde hair was up in a small quiff and his teeth shining white. His eyes stuck out the most.

I nodded and said, "Yeah, but you weigh a ton." he chuckled and guess what I saw on both of his cheeks...

.....DIMPLES!!! Arkujkjdklajdkal OMFG THIS BOY HAS DIMPLES!!

I heard twigs snapping and looked to my left side and saw a dark figure coming out of the trees. He then came slowly out of the trees and I heard it. The growl.

Mason's growl. Oh lawdie Jesus help meh!

I moved a little and Green Eyes got off me. Mason glanced over to me and I saw the black in his eyes. Aw shit.

"Mason..." I said warningly. He was glaring at Green Eyes and approaching him slowly. "Mason, what are you doing?" Mason growled at me. Aw no he didn't. "Did you just...growl at me?" I asked in utter shock. "Green Eyes," I looked at him and he looked at me, "Go." I said nodding my head to the part of the trail that I was headed. "Hurry." I said and he gathered himself and ran off. If he had a tail, it would be between his legs.

"What. Was that?" Mason asked looking at me. I saw lots of different emotions. Shock...sadness...betrayal...anger.... You name it and it was there. Besides all of the positive ones, you can count those out.

"He ran into me, Mason, that's it. It wasn't what it looked like." I just realized how bad that looked. Me in a sports bra, both of us sweating a little, him on top of me, him smiling at me, me smiling at him. His body flush against mine. Me panting a little. Not. Good.

"Oh really?" He asked sarcastically. "C'mon Ashley, is that the best you can come up with?" He scoffed. My jaw dropped. Why was he being like this?

"What's your problem, Mason or wolf or whoever you are right now? Why can't you just believe what I said because it's the truth!"

"I thought you were a good girl, Ashley. I didn't think you were a slut."

Did anyone hear that crack? Yeah, don't worry, that was just my heart breaking.