Chapter 40- 'Storm Clouds'

'Storm Clouds'

Mason's POV:

I held Ashley's hand tightly as I walked outside. The storm clouds were hovering over the town like blankets of grey. I slid my hand that wasn't holding Ashley's into my front pocket and thought about what I was going to say, 'He threatened you,' ,'He wants you,' 'He wants to take you away from me.'

I groaned internally and hoped that she would understand. She just saw me almost kill some guy in wrestling. I looked down at Ashley who was staring at the ground intently. I tried getting into her brain, but she had the block up. I really wish I hadn't taught her that.

We came to a stop at the edge of school property and I motioned for her to sit on the playground swing that was on the mulch-covered ground. She looked at it cautiously before sitting on it. I grabbed ahold of the chains and slowly began to pull her back and forth, not letting her get too high.

"We're not walking..." she laughed trying to ease the tension. I mean, why wouldn't there be tension, I just almost fucking killed a guy in school. I sighed and kneeled in front of her, placing my hands on her thighs and looking into her bright blue eyes.

"No, we're not." I looked down to where my hands lay, her thin legs pressed against my hand, me giving her leg warmth because it is getting chilly, I'm not cold, I can see her hair blowing slightly and she's only in a short sleeve shirt. I slowly took of my long sleeve shirt, leaving me in a tank top and shorts. I slid it on her small body and she scrunched up her nose.

"You stink." she whispered. I laughed lightly before bringing my right hand up to her jaw and bringing her head closer to mine. I pressed my lips against hers slowly and sweetly showing her how much I love her. She pulled back and rested her forehead against mine, "You almost killed a guy."

"I know, but you have to hear me out, he told me things I never wanted to hear. He told me he wanted you, but baby, you're mine. Mine, all mine. I love you and no one can ever love you as much as me." I whispered and tears formed in her eyes.

"Mason, you should know by now that I love you, no one else. Only you. I'm yours, okay? Yours, all yours." she mimicked me lovingly. I smiled and laughed lightly as she smiled at me and glanced down and my knuckles and hands.

"Let's go home, yeah?" I quietly asked her nudging her face with mine, brushing our lips together. She nodded and smiled before quickly leaning in and pecking me really fast. "Mmmm-mmmm, more!" I whined and puckered my lips and waited for her to kiss me, but it never came. Her legs slid out of the swing and my hands stayed on the chains of the swing and she darted across the field. I opened my eyes and saw she was running and my wolf got nervous.

'She's running away. What did we do?'

'I- I don't know, Damien. But I'm going to find out.'

And with that, I bolted to Ashley and tackled her making us tumble and me fall under her so she wouldn't take the blow. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt him. Well I did but I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry. Baby, please, I can't promise you it won't happen again, but I won't do it in front of you!"

"Mason, in case you haven't forgotten, I'm a fucking human. I'm not used to big scary people killing each other in the middle of a freaking wrestling practice! So hell yeah I'm scared."

'Scared of you.' I read her mind as she said it. I whimpered and got up, gently pushing her off me and stood to clutch my chest. My heart beat slowed down and I turned to her with tears forming in my eyes.

"Baby-"

"No. I'm sorry Mason. I just- I can't cope with you trying to kill people."

"So you lied?"

"Huh?"

"What happened to forever and always?"

"You don't get it, do you? I will love you- forever and always- I just can't be with a killer." she turned and walked away as I crashed down on the muddy ground.

So this is what it's like to feel cold, to feel broken, to- to feel like- nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

*

After a half an hour, wrestling was over and I hadn't moved from my spot on the ground.

Seth, a warrior of my pack saw me from across the field and bolted over with lightening speed. He dropped to his knees and put a hand on my shoulder. "Alpha- are you- are you okay?"

"I'm a killer. I'm a killer. I'm a killer." I mumbled repeatedly. He sighed and dragged me up and hauled me to his truck. It was a large, dark blue pick-up truck. He buckled me in and tears escaped my scrunched eyes.

My heart, head, mind, everything, was covered by storm clouds.

-------

Sorry for that short chapter but there it is and yeah! How was your valentines day?

xJennax