Chapter Five- 'What's a mate?'

"Well, um.. this is going to be hard for you to understand, but..."

"Are you calling me stupid?" She asked while crossing her arms over her chest and cocked and eyebrow.

'Damn she is sexy as hell when she does that...' I said to my wolf. I could see him nodding and then I remembered what Ashley had asked.

"N-no, of c-course not. I-I would never-" I stuttered. She laughed.

"Kidding.." she said and smiled at me. I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding in.

'Just spit it out. You're gonna lose her.' My wolf told me and I took a deep breath.

"Look, I'm Mason. I'm a werewolf. Werewolves have their mate and you are mine. AndIthinkyou'rebeautiful." I said the last part really fast.

"Okay, you're either delusional, or pulling a joke on me. Werewolves aren't real."

"Trust me, they are. Ask your friends Miranda, Kelsey, Brittany, Tory, Amanda, Lilly, Margaret, Remi, and even Rynn is a werewolf. They're all part of my pack. Also, your brothers are werewolves. I can smell the scent on you, but you aren't a werewolf, because if you were, you would be in my pack and I would have found you already." I said with a smirk at the end.

"Okay...so.... what's a mate?" She asked curiously.

"It's short for soul-mate. That means that you are meant for me and I am meant for you. We were destined to be together." I said while smirking.

"So, do you have to be with your mate? I mean, what if you don't like them?" She said smirking back at me. Day-um.

"Ouch. That hurt. But you will want to be with your mate because there is a bond between you and your mate. So, right now, you may not love me, but you will later on."

"Are you sure about that?" She said while walking away slowly. I replied with a 'yep' and she kept walking away from me. I started to miss her even when she was only a hundred feet away. I knew what I was going to do. I ran up behind her and put my arms around her waist and put my head on her shoulder. Damn, she is so short!! It's adorable.

"Can I help you?" she asked while smirking. She still hasn't turned around in my arms and I kinda didn't want her to.

"Don't do that again..." I whispered in her ear.

"Do what Mr. Wolf?" she asked as she turned around.

~Ashley's POV~

He was hot. I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life looking into his beautiful deep brown eyes.

"Do what Mr. Wolf?" I asked innocently.

"Walk away like that. Did you know that when you see your mate for the first time, you don't want them to leave. Don't walk away from me." He growled in my ear playfully.

"What? You mean like...this?" I asked as I slipped out from his arms and walked away. I heard him chuckle and I knew he was following slowly behind me. I smiled to myself. I walked back to the group and they were still talking. When they saw me they all swallowed me in a big group hug.

"Mason?" Kelsey asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Kels. I was just coming to meet my um.. you know...." I giggled and he looked at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and he looked offended. He put a hand on his heart and he scoffed, "Ashley, that hurt. You shouldn't stick your tongue out at me."

"I. Just. Did." I said walking in front of him. I heard Kelsey and some of the other girls squeal.

"OMG! Mason? Baby is that you?" I heard the worst thing I could ever hear again. Rynn.