Chapter 1 - Where It All Began

WARNING: There are some triggering scenes in this chapter, read with caution and care

Sitting in one of the old torn vinyl red booths at the dinner, I check my watch once more. It's been over an hour. I decide I've had enough and I get up, making my way out of the restaurant. I stomp towards my car and open it up, climbing into the truck's cab. I look down at my best jeans, top and boots and I realise how much effort I put in for him. I even wore make up for God's sake! I'm extremely pissed off and I decide to let him know it. I start the car and drive towards his house.

Glaring as I drive down his street, I park in front of the dilapidated house. The yard is over grown, weeds growing in every patch and the house itself is a disgusting brown colour with bits and pieces missing. His car is in the drive way so I know he is home. There are also five or so more cars parked in the drive way and out front, the cars of all his drop kick mates. I turn off the car and slam the door as I make my way inside.

"Dean?!" I yell out.

Loud music thumps from the speakers in the living room and I make my way there, already smelling the overwhelming stench of alcohol and drugs. I walk into the room and see his friends and him sitting on the couches, either drinking, taking drugs or dry humping on the couch without a care in the world. I spot my boyfriend sitting between two trashy looking blondes who have their hands all over him as he does a line.

"Are you serious right now?!" I yell, drawing everyone but my boyfriend's attention.

I glare down at my boyfriend, absolutely and completely furious with him. He doesn't even glance up at me as he sits back into the couch, his eyes closed in bliss as the drug settles in. On the table in front of him is an ash tray overflowing with cigarette butts, a dozen or so empty beer bottles and a line of cocaine on the mirror in front of him. One of the dirty blondes leans forward to take the line and he finally notices me.

"Babe!" He cries out, getting up from the couch.

He walks towards me and I step back, "Don't you babe me you filthy shit head. You were supposed to meet me at the diner an hour ago."

He gives me a confused look, "Really? What for?" He asks.

My eyes narrow into slits and my voice is a hiss, "It's our anniversary."

His eyes widen, "Aw shit! Is that today?" He asks and I shake my head, folding my arms across my chest.

He takes a step towards me and goes to wrap his arms around me, "I'm sorry babe-"

I push him back, "Don't fucking touch me!"

He ignores me and grabs at me and pulls me against him, his alcohol ridden breath being blown into my face. I gag as he shoves his tongue down my throat and his hands grope roughly at my breast and ass. I shove him back again, this time swinging my hand across his face and a loud crack fills the air. Immediately fear overwhelms me as he turns his pitch black eyes on me.

"You fucking bitch." He spits before swinging his fist out and connecting it with my jaw.

Blood fills my mouth immediately as he takes another swing, this time on my eye. I let out a whimper as he throws me against the wall, his hand around my throat as he squeezes tightly, "You ever fucking lay a hand on me again in front of my friends, I'll cut your fucking throat. Is that clear?" He asks as my hands attempt to pull his hand away.