Lucky me! I'm both.

Welcome back! I didn't think I would get so many views (1.2 K as of now) on Book #1. I'd thought it'd be one of those books you find when you're just wandering around Wattpad. Possibly adding it but never actually reading it. I would like to say Ashborne, Ash, and Phoenix are all Ash. Just to avoid confusion. Thanks. Also, starting a new series. The Lost Heirs series. I will eventually have a book/series in which there are not royals but as of right now, Royals Rule. (Hahaha. Literally. :D *crickets* No? Ok...sorry.) [LATER EDIT: <-- Work in progress. Really slow.]

[LATER EDIT: To understand who everyone is and the plot so far, you kinda have to read book #1.]

LATER EDIT: 5.6 THOUSAND VIEWS! THANK YOU! (Book numero uno. (Yea...sorry. Book #1.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up slightly, only seconds passing. Well damn. So much for the dramatic death. I can see fate like Nope! You get to make him suffer more, then die painfully, you're welcome. Thanks. Then the pain hit. I gasped for air, too weak to open my eyes.

"This can't be possible! Tell me she's lying. Father!" Phoenix yelled, his voice breaking. He's breaking.

"Her body was never recovered..." The King said softly, in shock.

"But-I...Juliet...no...I have to save her. I have to."

"I will try to find the one who did this. Stay with her." The king said, I heard him walk out and the doors shut.

There's a lot of determination but I'm not sure it's possible...not anymore. I think I'm too far gone, only pain and willpower letting me survive up until now. He moved so both his hands were free. What is he doing? I can't see him. I can't move...I can't speak. Something dripped in my mouth.

Blood. Pheionix's blood. Blood. It's all I can think about. I barley remember the last time I fed. Vampires' blood makes you powerful, but Pure-bloods' blood...doubles you're power. And...it's delicious, and can even be addicting. The most wonderful thing ever, especially after years without a drop of anything. My eyes change, teeth turning to fangs. Just a little more...just...

No! I can't! My gold eyes flew open. I cry out, covering my mouth with my hand and pushing away from him. I back up against the wall, breathing hard. No. I can't. There are two ways to kill a vampire. Although it is extremely difficult and nearly impossible, there are two ways. Lack of blood and a vampiric blade. Fear filled me again. I can't not to him.

He covered his wrist, it healing quickly. Tears filled my eyes.

"Juliet. I'm sorry. Please." He's desperate.

"No. I can't, you know that. Phoenix...I can't." My voice is off because of my hand, but you can still hear it. Blood still pouring out of my wounds, death getting nearer again.

"I can't lose you again!"

"I can't-I..." Tears slid down my face. My eyes widened and I coughed. Blood. I stared at my hand in shock. Guess I'm more injured than I'd originally guessed. Ash rushed over, kneeling to my left, the same as the hand covered in blood. I looked at him. "I missed you...I'm sorry."

"No, it's ok. Live, promise me." His eyes were pleading.

"Phoenix, I'm sorry. I can't-" He pulled me in, pressing my head to his shoulder and bare neck. My eyes widened, fear coursing through me. I can't. I heard the blood in his veins, the heart that'll never stop beating. I struggled, trying to push away. He's too strong, I'm too weak still. Dammit. No. I can't. Not to him.

"It's ok. I'll be fine. Juliet I can't watch you die. Not again."

I couldn't hold back any longer, my fangs sinking into his neck. He stiffened for a second, his grip on me tightening. Tears slid from my eyes. I closed my eyes, feeling his warmth. His blood filled my mouth and I drank. And drank. And drank. The world started to fade, his blood reviving my broken body. Ash's grip on me loosened.

My eyes flew open, still gold. I let go of him, pushing away. My breathing was hard and his blood ran down my chin. I couldn't look at him, not after what I did. I caused pain. I'd rather receive pain than be the one to inflict it. I curled up, pain shooting through me when I pressed my bloodied back into the wall. My face in between my knees and my knees to my chest, I wrapped my arms around my legs tightly. I compacted myself into the smallest space I could. What did I just do? I squeezed my eyes shut. No...I hurt Phoenix. After getting through all that...I hurt him. I hurt someone...