Still acting.

Sorry for the long wait. I have a lot going on so the updates will be spread out for a while. I hope to update more though. Thanks for all the support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Ash's parents were nowhere to be found but there were guards starting to swarm. Ash carried me to his room with Damian and Jordan following. I was really, really tired. I didn't let myself fall asleep but I can't keep my eyes open. I was laid on his bed and I felt the bed shift as he sat next to me.

      "Well. That was...interesting." Damion said, and I think both Jordan and Damion climbed onto the bed, Ash pulling me on his lap. I laid my head against his chest, in that half-asleep state where you kinda know what's going on but not really.

     "That is an extremely mild way to put it. Juliet's back. So that's a plus. We also found out who killed the Lockharts." said the optimistic Jordan. I forced my mind to form actual thoughts, waking myself up.

     "What do we do now?" Damion.

      "We should keep up appearances, as if nothing's changed. My parents have an assembly that they cannot miss in another kingdom. I'll go let them know not to say anything. When Juliet wakes up we have to make sure she's ok with faking being a human slave here just a little longer." Ash said. Made sense. Klaus might not be alone.

     "I'm awake. I'm awake." I said softly, opening my eyes. "It's a good idea. Go, I'll be fine here."

     Ash stood, putting me back on the bed. I smiled at him as he walked out. I looked at Jordan and Damion. My eyes filled with tears, my strength returning just a bit. I half-tackled them. They're also weak, but not as much as me. Dark Jordan left already.

     "Wha-"

     "I missed you guys. So. Much. Don't ever let me leave again." I said, shaking. Damion chuckled.

      "We won't, don't worry Princess." Damion said. They both held me back. I let them go, sitting cross legged against the headboard.

     The four of us had been friends all our lives. Ash's family, Damion's family, and Jordan's family, they're all nobles. Ash's family was the third down the line in case something happened to the royal family, Klaus's second. The four of our families had all been close, tight knit. We would play, all. The. Time. Ash and I's room are connected and both Jordan and Damion's rooms are across the hall (Damion's is directly across, connected through a mini stone hallway through the wall to the left to Jordan's). We would always sneak to someone's room and hang out, doing whatever whenever. Our favorite spot outside, in the summer especially, was in that forest with the golden fields and mountains in the distance. From the glass bridge that connects Ash and I's room there's a glass staircase down to the ground and a trail or two that used to be there (they're probably not there anymore) that we'd take into the forest. We'd never cared about each other's royal/nobel rankings, we were kids, it didn't matter. I smiled. I missed them. I'm happy, we have that chance again.

     "My parent's agreed, then left. They'd already been late." Ash said, walking in.

     "Ok." I stood, bad idea. Ash was already in front of me and caught me as I fell into him. The three laughed. Mine was weak, tired. "I...guess I'm more tired...than I thought..."

     "Yea, you've been through a lot. Actually get to sleep this time." Ash said, picking me up. My eyes closed, body falling asleep, despite what my mind wants to do.

     "Ok..." I fell asleep. (AGAIN.)