Treason.

Treason. The technical definition is: 'the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government'. I guess it's correct, but it's so much more. The feeling of betrayal the victim feels, the emotional high the culprit must feel. I feel like I just ripped the rug beneath the King and Queens feel, catching them off guard. The one who tried to complete the crime was rotting in the dungeons, but those who had been behind it all sat atop the throne, ruling the kingdom.

     I wonder, what was Prince Ashborne feeling right now? The betrayal, or the emotional high? I shook my head. To think such things...did he even care? He promised to protect me, but was that a simple ruse for me to fall for? It's not that hard to trick me to trust, seeing as I grew up with none. I slid down the wall, curling up a bit. That took a lot out of me. I haven't slept in what feels like forever and it's all hitting me at once. I can't sleep right now, though. I sighed, standing. I made my way back to the hallway with all our rooms.

     I saw two guards looking bored outside Ash's room. They were trying to be sneaky, but they were watching my room as well. I was about to turn around when a door opened and I was pulled inside, a hand over my mouth. I froze in fear. As soon as the door shut I was released, the lights on. I turned around to see that Alex was the one that grabbed me. Jordan, Damion, Josiah, Krystal, and the rest of the gang were behind them.

     "You scared me!" I shouted at him, a hand on my chest, trying to get my breathing under control.

     "Sorry, didn't mean to. Didn't want you getting caught." He grinned, rubbing the back of his neck.

     "Wasn't planning on it." I said, looking around.

     We're in Jordan's room, connected to Damion's, who is across the hall from Prince Ashborne, who's connected to mine. The 'Fantastic Four'. Stupid, check. Childish, check. Our choice, eh, kinda. Our name as kids. Couldn't be the three musketeers, but we argued about that as a name. (And if that was the name, whether or not I counted because I was a girl. Jerks. It was a joke, who 'didn't matter enough' to be a part of the group.) Eventually, we decided on the 'Fantastic Four' and it kinda stuck. When Alexander came over Jordan, Damion, and Alex refused to call us anything but the 'Fabolous Five'. It didn't really stick, though, because he rarely visited for long.

     And (draw it out) I'm zoning out. I shook my head, trying to clear it. I'm TIRED. Dammit.

     "Anything wrong?" Jordan asked, half-leaning over Damion's shoulder. They all look worried. I smiled, shaking my head.

     "Nah, just exhausted and worn-out. I'm fine." I said.

     "Alright! Everyone. OUT!" Damion shouted, shooing everyone out. He stood and Jordan fell back, pouting. Everyone laughed and complied. Soon enough it was just Jordan, Damion, Alex, and I. Alex waved, grinned, and walked out.

     "That wasn't necessary." I told them, looking between the both of them.

     "Yes, it was. You haven't slept in days. The whole thing with the royal family and the stress is taking a lot out of you. It's obvious. You're too worried about everyone else and what you should do to help them not you." Jordan said, moving my chin so my eyes meet his.

     "But I'm fine. Really I'm not tired at all-"

     "BS. Come here." Jordan cut me off and made me sit on the edge of his bed. Damion stood behind him and off to the side, leaning on the wall. Jordan moved my head to look at him. "Close your eyes."

     "Wait, what-"

     "Just do it." He smiled. I frowned.

     "Fine." I closed my eyes, fighting really hard at staying awake.

     "I'll admit you're ok if you're still awake for 30 seconds." He said, his hands lightly on my shoulders.

     "Deal." I said, nodding a bit.

     "Ok. 1...2...3..." His counting was slow and methodical. Soothing...no...dammit...

     I slipped into the abyss, beginning to falling asleep. Damn.