Confession.

"You're so cute!" He squealed like a girl, setting me down. I smiled. Damion nodded, rubbing the top of my head with his hand. Alex stepped forward and kissed my forehead.

     "We really appreciate you doing this, we're all so proud of you." Alex said softly.

     "It's fine, speaking of, I should go spread the word about my taking back the throne. Be my from a distance bodyguards and rumor spreaders?" I asked, smiling up at them. They nodded. Jordan pulled on some black and white converse, Damion black and a shade of red matching his jacket. Alexander is wearing a navy blue t-shirt, black skinny jeans (ok so they all were), black suspenders, and black and white converse. I'm not sure if they were high-top or not because his jeans covered the top.

     "Sure Jewel." Alex winked.

     "I thought you forgot that! Dammit!" I smiled, I was their diamond (jewel) in the rough, according to the childhood them. Juliet, that far of a stretch. For kids anyway.

     "Come on, let's go sew seeds of mistrust." Jordan said, pushing me out the door. I tripped over my feet and crashed into someone. I looked up and it was Prince Ashborne. His parents' words and him getting dragged away flashed through me and I backed up, turning, running. Like, speedy Vampire Pure-blood hybrid thing speedy. I can't deal with the possibility of his betrayal, and I can't get him hurt again. It was my fault and it always will be. I can't do that to him, betrayal or no.

     I ended up in the garden, lost amongst the maze of black, blood, and navy (I don't know, don't ask) roses. The sky was a crystal blue, cloudless. The sun was beginning to set, so the sky had a gray tint. As kids, we'd play hide-and-seek in this maze. It'd turn into a game of let's-find-Juilet because I have a horrid sense of direction and would often get myself lost. I smiled at the memory, but it began to hurt.

     I don't have memories with them since childhood. I grew up human. I grew up alone. They weren't around. I grew up without them. They have all these memories playing games as adolescents. They grew up as a trio or their own fantastic four. It hurt. I never had anything like that. Why did I have to remember, why did I do anything about it? Why didn't I just leave them alone? They'd moved on. They'd forgotten me. My room has a layer of dust, my kingdom ruled by another.

     I took a breath, regaining my control. It's too late to change any of that, and regret only hurts. I tried to find my way out but got myself more lost than I was before. I found an obsidian pavilion. Oh great. Middle of the damned maze. It's beautiful, especially considering the setting sun behind it. It had vibrant green vines climbing up it, black and blood red roses making their way up to the top. Their colors were brought out with the shiny black stone behind it. In the middle of the pavilion, at the very top, there is an unnatural, golden rose. It's eternal, always been there. It never dies. It's supposed to represent the pure-bloods, the strongest of the strong.

     I sat down on the seat. Everything is connected and it's all obsidian. I laid my head down, closing my eyes and the world around me fell into the dark. I could smell sweet roses, it had recently rained, and the whole garden's flowers were still open, making the smell more vibrant. I heard footsteps in the grass, internally groaning.

     "Juliet?" It's Prince Ashborne. Great. I pretended to be asleep, not having the willpower to have an actual conversation. He sat next to me, I could feel the warmpth. I had an enternal feud on wheter to move away or not, but stuck to the whole sleeping regime.

     "This is all my fault." Ashborne sighed. He lightly ran his hand along my hair. "I'm sorry. I would never betray you. I promise. My parents...I'm on lockdown. They told all the guards that I had a mental breakdown and not to let me go. It took a while, but I managed to convince them I wasn't insane. I guess I am, though. I really am crazy. I can't stop thinking about you. You, who I'd grown up thinking was dead. I've always had feelings for you, I could never forget, never quite get over the fact that everyone said you were gone and never coming back. I knew they were wrong. Turns out, I was right. You came back. I...I think...I love you."