Chapter 32

Julie ~

I held the phone out of reach from Niall and read the text over and over again, like if the words would change if I read it enough times.

"Please, Julie, try to understand!" he said.

What, understand? What was it to understand?

"Niall, what were you thinking? Why?" I asked and stated at him.

I read the text once again, trying to read between the lines. Maybe all this was a joke. 

*Hi Niall, I'm sorry to hear that you want to quit the band. Of course I can't stop you if you really want to quit, but I'd rather see you not to. It's not One Direction without you. But Niall, stay strong and don't do anything stupid. And I know you don't like it, but you have to accept it. We'd miss you. /Simon*

Niall blushed and looked down with tears in his eyes.

"Julie, you don't understand..." he whispered.

"No, I don't understand! But tell me then! Help me to understand!" I almost screamed.

When he looked up I saw that he had tears streaming down his face. Slowly he touched my chin to wipe away my tears, and I put my hand over his on my cheek.

"Why, Niall?" I whispered.

We looked at each other, and I bet we both felt it. The spark. There was definitely something.

"Okay... Um..." he stopped and looked down, blushing even more.

"Julie, I love you. I'm in love with you." He looked me straight in the eyes and his words almost knocked me down.

What? Niall? In love? With me?

My heart beat faster and faster, and I didn't know what to do. Maybe he heard my heart, because he smiled that half smiled that made me go weak in the knees.

"I'm sorry-" he started but I cut him off by pressing my lips against his.