Chapter 44

Angela ~

Flashing lights, a loud scream and darkness. Over and over again. Everything was black. I didn't know what was happening.

There, again: the flashing lights. The scream. And, darkness.

I didn't realize I was the one screaming. I screamed and screamed, in my head. Something was terribly wrong, I understood that. I didn't know if I was alive or dead. I couldn't be dead, could I?

I didn't feel any pain.

I didn't feel anything but fear.

Flashing lights, a scream, and darkness again. Another voice.

I tried to listen carefully. It sounded familiar. The voice. It was a boy. Liam!

*Liam, what are you saying? I can't hear you!* I asked, not realizing the question was in my head. I was the only one hearing the desperate words.

Flashing lights again. Another scream, a different scream. Not mine.

"Angela, watch out!"

Liam! What?

*Where are you Liam?* I thought and turned my head aside.

Pain. It hurt.

That must mean that I was alive, right?

"Liam?" I tried to say again and my voice was thin like a whisper.

What was happening to me?

My head hurt. My whole body hurt.

The last thing I heard before I really passed out was this loud beep, and lots of people. They were touching me, slapping me in the face, screaming and begging me to wake up.

Why?

I didn't feel any pain. I didn't want to feel pain. It felt like I was half buried in something thick. I couldn't move my legs at all. I tried to tell the people that I was okay, but they didn't hear me.

*Woah, this was scary.* I thought and my body started to shake, my head flew back and forth, like someone was shaking me.

STOP!

I wanted to scream.

STOP IT HURTS!

But I couldn't.

No one heard me.