Chapter 36

Julie ~

Harry followed me to the kitchen and I could feel the tears burning in my eyes. Why was this so hard? I was in love with Niall, I really was, but I loved Harry too. In some way. I took a deep breath before I felt Harry's hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, Julie?" he said in a low voice. Probably so no one would hear it.

I turned around, just to find him closer to me than I thought.

"Yes?" I took a quick step backwards.

"Sorry." he blushed.

I looked down, afraid of his words.

"Well... Yeah... I just wanted to ask if you maybe wanted to go out with me some day? For dinner or so? A movie?"

He blushed even more when I looked at him.

"Do you mean like a date, Harry?"

"Um... If you want it to be a date, sure-"

"NO!" I almost screamed and quickly covered my mouth with my hands. He widened his eyes, surprised.

"Oh. Well, like friends then?" He was disappointed, I could see that and I felt bad. But I couldn't go out with Harry when I was in love with Niall. I did love Harry too, but not in the same way as the Irish one. I loved Harry in the same way as I loved Louis, Liam and Zayn. As best friends, brothers, whatever but lovers.

"I don't know, Harry..." I mumbled with my eyes on my feet.

"Okay, I get it. You're in love with Niall, right?" He grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eyes. His eyes were beautiful. Harry was attractive, he really was, but there was something about Niall that I couldn't resist. After a while I nodded and Harry immediately let go of my face. Like he burnt his hand or something.

"I'm so sorry Harry, I really am, I-"

"I don't want to hear it, Julie." His voice was cold and he turned around to go back to the living room.

Slowly I sat down with my back against the wall and started crying. When a sound made me look up again I met  a pair of beautiful, ocean blue eyes.