Chapter 20: You Found Me.

Demi and Chelsea had spent the night in the music room, not leaving until Chelsea had finished a song for herself but it was harder than they thought when Chelsea didn't know what to do. They spoke about a lot of things, how things are going to change and ate their dinner in the room with Wilmer and Nathan coming into the room every so often but after 4 hours and it being 12am they still hadn't gotten anything.

"I don't think I'm good at song writing." Chelsea frowned, Demi was sitting on the spiral chair with Chelsea laying on her lap as they both had a pen and notebook in their hand. Wilmer and Nathan sitting on the couch on the other side of them but facing them, Nathan eating ice cream on Wilmer's lap.

"Everybody can, it just takes a lot of time baby girl. Oh, Chelsea! I forgot to tell you that I've came up with a way to solve your terrible nights. When I spoke to Steph a few hours ago she told me that your friends help you keep calm so I thought that every 3/4 they can come and stay here for a 1/2 weeks. I will allow you to go out but not in the city as paparazzi will be there, how's that?" Demi smiled when she noticed Chelsea's face light up, Chelsea's he moved fro my he crook of Demi's neck to her face to face her with a shocked expression.

"Really? My friends can come here? But they can't afford to get planes back and forth." Chelsea's frowned after thinking about it but Wilmer chuckled at his daughter and how she had to learn a lot of things about the family that she had. Wilmer smirked as he butted in the conversation from Demi.

"Princess, do you realise your sitting in a million pound house? We've got the money to bring them over here, your moms got a private plane. I'd spend all the money in the world if that meant you get happiness, just know that it's only for 2 weeks as I don't like children unless their mine. If you two weren't mine then I'd hated you guys." Wilmer stuck his tongue out making Nathan and Chelsea laugh until they realised he insulted them.

"Hey!" They both whined in unison as Demi and Wilmer chuckled at how similar the two was, both had a pout on there face but it was a playful one as they knew that there dad was only joking. Chelsea's eyes and Wilmer's eyes met and he smiled at his daughter but he noticed something in them... Wishful? The truth was that looking at him Chelsea wished he was her dad, he was the one who was there for her. Then she blurted,

"I wish you were my dad." She whispered but everybody in the room heard as Wilmer nodded his head in agreement and with a sympathy look on his face for his daughter. Tears formed in Demi's eyes as she looked down to her daughter, she'd wished Chelsea was Wilmer's too as he was the best dad there was.

"I do too Chels, but uh that's not how life works. I didn't know your mom back then until you was a little older and I know you love and also hate your little brother because he's my son too but your still mine princess! I'll love you like I love my other children." Wilmer responded with sincerity in his voice.

"Gods decision baby girl." Demi whispered, pressing her lips against Chelsea's temple as Chelsea thought over Demi's words. Her eyebrows creased as she muttered out, "Where was God when I needed him?" Then with than she took the pen and paper from Demi and instantly started on the chorus first which Demi taught her to do.
********

Demi was awoken to the sound of music which she instantly smiled hearing a voice but frowned remembering she was at home and Wilmer to Nathan couldn't sing nothing like that. Her eyes opened quickly as she sat up but only to see Wilmer and Nathan watching the inside booth with shocked expressions, Demi raised her eyebrow and walked in front of them to only witness what she thought was amazing.

Her daughter was standing in he booth with the notebook in her hand as she followed the lines while singing softly, her eyes closed as she drifted off in he music and Demi's mouth dropped into an 'o' shape. Her daughter was standing in the exact booth that she stands in and singing softly while a melody played that Demi had never heard before, before thinking no more she came out of her thoughts when the music stopped.

"Demi! I done it, I stayed up all night coming up with a song but I must of gotten into the music. I don't know if it's right but it sounded right, I even figured out what to do with the melody and I figured everything out." Her daughter ran out of the booth and into Demi's arms which surprised her but she immediately responded only holding Chelsea closer as the feeling.

"That was- how did you learn that? Your voice baby girl, it's- it's amazing! I love it." Demi stuttered a little as the surprise expression still kept on her face but her daughter pulled back grinning, she suddenly knew how much her daughter was similar to her as she looked down at the younger girl. She looked proud of herself and Demi loved that as a sparkle was in her eye from excitement, her looks was much like Demi's with her big brown eyes staring right back at her and the freckles on her face that Demi have and the butt chin. Everything was like Demi and now the music, Chelsea's voice was a little different to Demi's but she loved it.

"I don't know! I'm tired but I really wanted to do something that would make you proud so I stayed up all night trying to finish it. I recorded it just that moment, can I play it for you?" Chelsea asked, everybody immediately nodded and as Chelsea's turned to the recorder she heard Nathan clapping and laughed. She'd never felt proud of herself before and she had to admit that she loved the feeling, seeing Demi so happy and imagine Steph or her friends face.

"Play it!" They all asked eagerly which made Chelsea laugh but pressing the play button the song that was just playing with Chelsea's voice came on and Demi remembered Chelsea wanted to do something meaningful so listened to the words of the sound closely.

You found me- The Fray.

I found God
On the corner of First and Amistad
Where the west
Was all but won
All alone
Smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?"
He said, "Ask anything."

Where were you
When everything was falling apart?
All my days
Were spent by the telephone
That never rang
And all I needed was a call
That never came
To the corner of First and Amistad

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

In the end
Everyone ends up alone
Losing her
The only one who's ever known
Who I am
Who I'm not, who I wanna be
No way to know
How long she will be next to me

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

Early morning
The city breaks
I've been callin'
For years and years and years and years
And you never left me no messages
You never send me no letters
You got some kind of nerve
Taking all I want

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Where were you? Where were you?
Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me
Why'd you have to wait?
To find me, to find me.

Nobody spoke once the song ended which made Chelsea bit her lip nervously incase she down something wrong before turning back towards her stunned mom, dad and little brother before Demi whispered out,

"Please play that again..."