Bad Moon Rising

Once again, I was awoken by the sound of my phone buzzing. "What?" I asked with annoyance in my voice.

"Wake up sleepy head!" Lauren laughed.

"Okay, I'm up," I smiled. "What's up?"

"Um, we have school today," Lauren reminded.

"Oh yeah," I said unenthusiastically.

"C'mon Will, the summer holidays are almost here! Surely, you can make it through school until then."

"I'll try my best," I laughed.

"Well, hurry up and get ready," Lauren said. "Cause I'm coming by your house soon and we're supposed to meet up with the guys at school."

"Yes ma'am," I replied.

"Okay, see you soon," Lauren said as she hung up the phone. I stood up and began rummaging through my closet for clothes. After what felt like ages, I found black shorts and a red t-shirt. I threw them on and grabbed my Jordan's. When I made it downstairs, I saw Kyle getting ready to leave.

"Hey," I said. "What's the rush?"

"Oh, I'm meeting up with some friends to grab some breakfast before school," Kyle replied.

"Cool," You know, other than the full moon, something else had been bugging me last night. "Hey Kyle, why were you near Mako yesterday?"

"We just happened to end up there Will," Kyle shrugged. "It's no big deal."

"Well, just be careful, cause one of us could be swimming there sometime and I don't want one of your friends to see us."

"Okay, I get it." Kyle sighed. "I gotta go. See you around school." And with that, Kyle walked out the door. I went onto the kitchen and snagged myself a granola bar. As I continued to eat it, I put on my shoes and walked out to the front to wait for Lauren. Minutes later, Lauren appeared around the corner. I shoved the wrapper into my pocket.

"Hey," I said as I approached her.

"Hey," she replied giving me a quick hug.

As we started to walk to school, I spoke up. "So, are you ready for tonight?"

"Yeah," she replied. "Luckily, we can crash at Emma's tonight because her parents are gone."

"Cool, so then we can moon proof the house," I nodded. "I have a really bad feeling though."

"What? Do you think one of us will get moonstruck?"

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "I just have this feeling."

"It's probably nothing," Lauren reassured.

"Yeah, you're right," I smiled. We then finally made it to school. We saw the gang sitting on one of the benches. "Hey guys," I said.

They all spun around. "Hey," they all said at the same time.

"We'd better get going," Emma announced. "We don't want to be late."

"Aww, quit being such a stress head Emma," Rikki rolled her eyes.

"I've never been late in my life," Emma bragged. "I'm not about to break that streak."

I chuckled a bit at Emma's attitude. "Let's go before Emma blows a gasket," I said. We all shared a laugh, and then made our way to our classes. For once in my life, biology was actually uneventful. Carrie didn't even pester me that much, which made me extremely happy.

My next class was math with Mr. McLaren. I had his class with Rikki and Lewis. Midway through the class, Mr. McLaren wrote an equation on the board. It wasn't a normal equation. It was one of those problems where there's only like one number and ten variables. I shot a confused look to Rikki. In return she just frowned and shrugged. When I looked to Lewis, I saw that he was already solving the problem. "How do you understand this?" I whispered over to him.