six.

Dinah POV

There is nothing greater than waking up to the news that you don't have school today, but it's under bad circumstances. A former teacher at school passed away and almost all the teachers in school were going to her funeral so they decided to cancel school. The part about this that upsets me the most is that I don't get to see Y/N today. We were supposed to get started on our project today but I guess that won't happen.

After eating some breakfast I went back up to my room and started scrolling through my Instagram. That got boring real quick so I decided to check my Snapchat, that was boring as well. So I decided to be the bigger person and see if Y/N wanted to work on our project.

Me: Good morning princess, how are you on this beautiful morning? 😘

Y/N 🙊: I'm fine, what the hell do you want Hansen?

Me: Since we don't have school today I was thinking we could get started on our history project.

Y/N🙊: That's fine.

Me: Seriously??

Y/N🙊: 🙄 Yes I'm serious Hansen. I'm doing good in that class and I'm trying to keep my grades up. So yes we can work on our project today.

Me: Alright babygirl I'll meet you at the public library at noon 😘😘

Y/N🙊: Yeah I'll see you there

I stood up on my bed and started jumping up and down like a kid. Y/N actually agreed to meet me somewhere alone.

===

God give me the strength to not choke Dinah Jane Hansen today. If I didn't have to work on this project with her I would tell her to get lost but I can't do that. After packing my history book and notebook in my book bag I walked out of my room. When I walked past dad's room he was standing in front of the mirror trying to fix his necktie. "Let me help you with Pop." I said.

Pop handed me the necktie and I began tying it for him. When I was smaller I used to watch my dad ties his necktie when he put on a suit and for some reason I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Honestly I still think it's pretty cool. "Pop why do you have on your good suit?" I asked.

"I have a job interview. That big office building downtown needs a night time security guard and they called me in for an interview. The pay is really good and they offer a bunch of benefits." Pop said.

"What about driving the garbage truck?" I asked.

"I'll drive the truck during the day come home rest for a few hours then go to my night job." Pops said.

I finished tying Pops tie and adjusted his shirt collar. He put on his jacket and I took the lent roller and ran it across his jacket. "Dad I'm willing to give up boxing so I can get a part time job so I can help you out around here." I said.

"Y/N we've discussed this before I'm not letting you give up boxing. I know times are hard but I'm gonna take care of you and your sister, I promise." Pops  said.

"I know that you want to provide for Reese and I but you've gotta let me help. I don't want you to work so hard that you end up having a heart attack or a stroke. I lost mama and I don't want to lose you either." I said.

Pops pulled me in his arms and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I pulled away and Pops wiped the tear off my cheek and said, "La mia piccola principessa. You're always worried about me but I promise that I'm gonna be fine. Things will get better eventually I know they will. We just have to keep the faith right?"