seven.

Y/N POV

"You nervous sis?" Reese asked.

"A little, but once I get in the ring I'll feel a lot better." I said.

In less than an hour I'll be in the ring fighting this Bea Miller chick. I've been looking forward to this all week, right now I'm siting on the floor and Reese is putting two French braids in my hair. While she was doing that I was texting Dinah. For once Dinah and I made it through a week without me wanting to beat the crap out of her.

We finished our project and when we presented for Mrs. Montgomery she gave us a 100. Dinah was ecstatic because that was the first time she ever made a 100 on a project. On Wednesday Dinah and I hung out at the library again because she wanted me to help her with her calculus homework. After that we went to Starbucks and talked for hours. I'm honestly starting to like Dinah but I'm not letting my guard down just yet.

DinahJane🎙👑🐝: Good luck with your fight tonight I know you're gonna do great ☺️👊🏼🙊

Me: Thank you Dinah, that means a lot, ☺️

DinahJane🎙👑🐝: Now you're making me blush 🙈

Me: Awww 🙊 so what are you doing tonight?

DinahJane🎙👑🐝: Hanging out with Camila and Ally

Me: lol have fun

DinahJane🎙👑🐝: lol I'll try but to be honest is rather be spending time with you

"Yassss Dinah." Reese said.

I put my phone face down and asked, "Reese aren't you supposed to be doing something?"

Reese popped me upside my head with the comb just like mama used to. I rubbed the sore spot on my head and said, "Damn Reese, you trying to bruise me up before I even get in the ring."

"Shut the hell up and let me finish doing what I got to do. You keep on cake baking with your boo." Reese said.

Me: tomorrow Dinah, me and you will spend the whole day together

DinahJane 🎙👑🐝: I'm looking forward to it babe 😉

Me: okay 😊 I have to finish getting ready for my fight but I'll call you later okay

DinahJane🎙👑🐝: alright baby be careful 😘😘

Me: I'll do my best Dinah😉

Reese had just finished my last braid now she was making sure that my edges were right. While she was doing that she started to hum Eye of the Tiger. Every time I had I had a fight my mama would braid hair and then she would sing that song to motivate me before a fight. I wish that mama was here to watch me fight but I know she watching me from a better place now.

"Ooh bitch your edges is on fleek." Reese said.

I looked in the mirror and said, "You're almost as good as mama."

"You tried it." Reese said.

"I'm just playing with you. I really like it. Thanks Reese." I said.

"Mmhm you're welcome." Reese said.

I got up and went into my room to make sure I had everything in my gym bag. I threw on my hoodie and walked out of my room. "You guys ready?" Pops asked.

"Yeah I need to go across the hall right quick." I said.

"We'll be downstairs in the car." Pops said.