thirteen.

Y/N POV

Dealing with Raquel's death hasn't been easy for anyone. Every time the girls and I get together we ended up crying. We went to school on Friday and I couldn't focus at all. Mrs. Rodriguez, Raquel's mom, asked me to speak at Raquel's funeral. I agreed to do it because that's what Raquel would've wanted.

"Y/N are you ready?" Lauren asked from the living room.

"Almost." I said.

It's hard to describe how I feel at the moment, in less than an hour I'll be attending my best friend's funeral. These past few days have been tough for the girls and I. Not having Raquel around doesn't feel right. Every time I leave my apartment and go downstairs I think Raquel is gonna be there waiting for me but she's not there and it sucks.

Normani came into my room once I had on my dress and zipped it up for me. Yes, I am wearing a dress. I like dresses but I'm not gonna wear one unless I really have to. The last time I put on this black dresses was when I went to my mother's funeral.

I sprayed a little hairspray on my hair then I grabbed my clutch off the bed. When I walked out of my room the girls were waiting for me. "You look beautiful babe." Tori said.

I kissed her on the cheek and said. "Thank you. You girls ready to go?"

They nodded their head and we walked out of the apartment. Tori and I sat in the backseat while Normani rode shotgun and Lauren drove. The entire ride I was mentally trying to prepare myself for what was about to happen but you really can't prepare yourself for a funeral. When we pulled into the parking lot Lauren parked the car and said, "I'm not ready to go in the yet."

"I don't think any of us are." Normani said.

"Let's just go in there and get this over with." I said.

I stepped out first and ironed out the wrinkles in my dress. Tori grabbed my hand and we began walking towards the church. Inside there was already a few people sitting down but right below the minister's podium was Raquel's casket. "I can't do it y'all, I can't go up there." I said as I headed for the door.

"Come here Y/N, you won't have to go up there alone. Well go up there together." Lauren said.

Lauren linked her arm with mine and Normani linked up with Tori, ever so slowly we walked up the aisle towards the front of the church. There she was my best friend looking like an angel in her beautiful white dress.

"I'm sorry Raquel. I'm really sorry. I should've done more to help you." I said.

A few tears fell from my eyes and I started to sob. I was waiting on Raquel to jump out the casket and this be some awful prank but it wasn't happening. I reached in my clutch and pulled out Raquel's half of our friendship necklace. She got these for us a Christmas presents when we're were about 16 years old. Raquel gave me her half of the necklace the day I fought that Coleman girl for the title. She said that it would bring me luck but I ended up losing that fight. It's one of the last gifts she gave and I wanted to give back to her. I placed the necklace in the casket and said, "You have your half and I have mine. No matter you're still my best friend and I'll always love you."

"We all love you Raquel." Tori said.

We walked to the back of the church and took a seat. Reese and my dad came in and they went up front to pay their respects. Reese came back and say with the girls and I. Harper came in and he sat next to my dad. I felt bad for my friend, he was just starting to get to know Raquel and now she was gone. I looked in the program and there were a lot of pictures of Raquel and the girls and I were in a lot of them. "Who is that cutie at the front with the baby boy?" Reese asked.