thirty-seven.

Lauren's POV

Since Y/N's helping me get through my fucked up shit it's only right I do the same for her. Although the task that Y/N has asked me to do is a little strange I'm still gonna do it.

"You ready to do this Lauren?" Normani asked.

"Yeah let's go." I said.

Y/N wants me to follow Dinah and see if she's really at the library when she says she is. Lately Y/N has been having her doubts about Dinah's loyalty and honestly even I have been questioning it too. Y/N says it's been months since they had sex and if Dinah isn't giving it to Y/N she's definitely giving it to someone else. So far Dinah's been in the library for about thirty minutes and she hasn't come out yet.

"I'm gonna go in and see if she's with someone you wait here." I said.

I got out of the car and went into the library. I maneuvered my way around the shelves and made sure that Dinah didn't get a glimpse of me. Dinah was sitting at one of the tables with her textbook and notebook out doing her homework. She didn't look suspicious at all until I saw her texting on her phone with a grin on her face. Dinah started putting her things away and I jetted outside to my car.

"What happened Lauren?" Normani asked.

"Dinah got a text from somebody and I just know it not Y/N." I said.

Dinah came out of the library and got into her car, she made sure the traffic was clear before pulling out into the street. I waited until Dinah passes by before following her. I didn't have to worry about Dinah recognizing us because I was in my dad's old Nissan that he has parked in the garage. No one knows about this car except Normani so we decided to us this for a out little mission. What's even better is that the windows are tinted so Dinah can't see us.

I made sure that I kept my distance from Dinah's car so she wouldn't get suspicious. We followed Dinah into this really nice neighborhood and she parked her car in the driveway of this beautiful two story house. I parked the car down the street and waited to see who was gonna answer the door. Dinah rang the doorbell and someone invited her in but I couldn't see who.

"Damn it who could she been in there with?" Normani asked.

"I don't know but I just hope that she's not cheating on Y/N she's been through enough." I said.

"You heard anything on Reese?" Normani asked.

"Nope. I see Reese at school everyday but I have no idea where she's staying because it damn sure ain't Tori house. Tori dropped Reese like dead weight when she found out what she did to Y/N." I said.

Normani reached over and grabbed my hand and said, "If what happened to Y/N ever happens to me promise that you won't give up on me."

"I couldn't leave you if I wanted to babe." I said.

Normani leaned closer to kiss me but we were interrupted by someone tapping on my window. I rolled the window down and there was cute elderly standing outside.

"Hello ma'am can we help you?" I asked.

"Are you girls detectives or something?" The lady asked in a deep Italian accent.

"Yes we're are ma'am. I'm Detective Jauregui and this is my partner Detective Hamilton." I said.

Normani leaned closer and said, "How do you do ma'am?"

"I'm wonderful my name is Francis by the way. I live in the house with the American flag on the front porch." Francis said.

Normani looked for the house and said, "You have a beautiful home Miss Francis I love the rose bushes in the front."