thirty.

Dinah's POV

How are you supposed to react when you get a call saying that your girlfriend just got hit by a car?

I was helping my mom clean the house when Reese called me and gave me the devastating news. I dropped everything and rushed to the hospital to be with my girlfriend. Standing in the elevator was the worse because it seemed like it took forever for the elevator to reach the ICU. When the elevator stopped I rushed through the hallways to find Lorenzo and Reese. I tried to ask them what was wrong but they were both crying hysterically. I walked over to Tori and said, "Tell me what happened."

"Y/N was walking down the road and she was getting this soccer ball for these kids. When she got ready to walk back across the street this suburban came speeding down the road and before Y/N could move the truck hit her and the driver pulled off and kept going." Tori explained.

"Is she gonna be alright?" I asked.

"The doctors say it's not looking too good. Y/N got banged up really bad and if she does make it she won't be the same person she was before." Tori said.

"Tori she can't die. I need Y/N here with me. She has to make it, she just has too." I said.

I went and sat next to Lorenzo and I put my arms around him. He had to feel the absolute worse about this. The night before he told Y/N she was a disappointment and he slapped now she's in the hospital and the doctors are uncertain if she's going to live or not. "I've should've told her I loved her more. I should've told that she was enough and that she didn't have to change. Now look where we are Dinah. I've failed as a father." Lorenzo said.

"Lorenzo look at me. You are the best damn father that I know. You've made your mistakes and you've paid for them. But you are not a failure. I know a lot of guys in your situation who tossed their kids to the side and went on with their life. But you're one of the goods guys. I've never seen a man with a big heart like yours. I hope when that one day I can be a good parent like you." I said.

"I can't lose her Dinah. She's my little princess." Lorenzo said.

I sat next to Reese and her left leg was bouncing up and down uncontrollably. Her hand was shaking and I held it to calm her down. Reese didn't say much because she was crying too much. Lauren and the rest of the girls ran in and I let them know what happened. All of the girls took it pretty hard but Lauren and Normani took it the hardest. The doctors came out and said they stopped the bleeding but there were some other things they had to fix.

I found a nice quiet spot by the window and I decided that I would sit there. I just wanted to be away from everyone for a while and have some time to myself so I could think. The rain had just started to fall and it made me cry. Y/N likes the rain because she says that's the best weather to cuddle in.

Some of Y/N and I's best conversations happen during a thunderstorm. One time we planned our prom outfits while it was raining. Y/N is going to wear some black pants with a white blazer and a bow tie and she's going to wear some vans with her tux. I can already see how beautiful Y/N is going to look in her outfit. Y/N suggested that I wear a red dress because she says that I look a good in red. Y/N would win prom king and I would be prom queen and it would be one of the best nights of our lives.

It may seem crazy to some people but Y/N and I have already started planning our dream wedding. Even though neither one of us has proposed to the other yet but we just know that we're going to get married one day.

There's no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. I love Y/N to death and I just need for her to be okay.

Two hours went by nothing from the doctors.