twenty-two

Y/N POV

Riding to the police station was absolutely nerve wrecking. I had been assaulted by a police officer and I have no clue what's going to happen once we get to the precinct. My hands were shaking and my heart was racing. Officer Fields said that he was going to speak on our behalf but I don't know what good it's going to do.

When we got to the precinct we sat in a waiting room the officer that assaulted us walked by and smirked at us. I wanted to hurt him so bad but I was surrounded by cops and that would've resulted in me sitting in a jail cell. Two cops came and got me then took me into an interrogation room. They asked me what happened and told them every single little detail but they did not believe anything I said. Then they started going on about how much of an amazing Officer Hill was and how he would never do something like that unless he had probable cause. A guy I'm assumed to be the police captain came in and stopped the interrogation.

"Y/N I'm Captain Avery and I'd like to apologize for what happened to you and your friend today." He said as he held out his hand.

I shook his hand and said, "Yeah. I do hope that he gets punished for what he did."

"Miss Y/L/N I'll make sure that happens." Captain Avery said.

As we were walking back to the front desk I heard the loud voice of my father and he was not a happy camper. "Who's the son of a bitch that hurt my daughter?" My father yelled through the precinct.

If Officer Fields didn't get in my dad's way he probably would have killed someone in that police station. My dad was trying to get Officer Fields out of his way but he wasn't moving.

"Lorenzo he's not worth it man. Think about your daughters. I know how you feel. If someone did this to Emily or my wife I would be ready to retaliate too. You gotta be the bigger man here. Your daughters need you." Officer Fields said.

"Pops he's right. He's not worth it." I said.

Once my dad calmed down he walked over to me and examined my bruised face. He gently rubbed my cheek and asked, "Are you okay princess?"

"Yes dad I'm okay. Now we can please get out of here?" I asked.

"Sure." Dad looked back at Captain Avery and said, "You'll be hearing from my lawyer."

I got my things out of Omari's truck and got into the car with my dad and my sister. Since my father had never been to the Hansens house before I had to be the GPS. When we arrived at the house Reese got out and said, "Damn! This is nice! I'm moving in too."

I walked them inside and everyone was sitting in the living room. Dinah ran over to me and gave me a hug and examined my face. "Y/N what happened to you?" She asked.

"Oh I got attacked by a cop, nothing new here." I said sarcastically.

"Where can I find this bastard? He deserves a poly beatdown for messing with my other daughter." Milika said.

Reese whispered in my ear, "She's a thug, I like her."

"Gordon, Milika this is my dad Lorenzo and my sister Reese." I said.

Everyone shook hands and got acquainted with each other but I wasn't feeling it at all. I went upstairs to my room and began working on my homework. I just needed to keep my mind off what happened earlier. Dinah came in and asked, "Baby are you alright?"

"Yes Dinah I'm fine." I said.

"What happened?" Dinah asked.

"Omari picked me up from trading and we were on our way over here. A cop pulled us over because he claimed that Omari was driving over the speed limit. He made us both get out the car, patted us down, called us a bunch of names, he groped me, and beat both of us. A cop that knows my family showed up and handled the situation." I explained.