thirty-eight.

Y/N POV

"Y/N come down here I got some people I want you to meet." Dad yelled from downstairs.

I finished my lifting my weights and put them in the corner. I wiped the sweat off my torso and face then put on a tank tap. I went down the stairs and there was a guy that looked just like The Rock and he had a girl standing next to him, I assumed that it was his daughter.

"Yep she's definitely your daughter Lorenzo." The guy said.

"Yeah that's my daughter. Y/N this is my good buddy Malcolm and that's his daughter Laila." Dad said.

"Nice to meet you both." I said as I shook their hands.

Laila was giving me the bedroom eyes and Malcolm began walking around me in a circle but it wasn't in a creepy way. As I was looking at Malcolm I was trying to recall were I had seen him before but I couldn't. "Sir what fighters have you trained before?" I asked.

"For the past six years I've been training the absolute worse fighter I've ever met. Zendaya Coleman." Malcolm said.

"Why did you quit?" I asked.

"That little brat fired me. She said that she didn't need me anymore. She thought that my training methods were too extreme but all I did was make her a better fighter and this is what I get in return. But you kid, you've got what it takes to be the champion." Malcolm said.

"You think I can do this?" I asked.

"I know that you can. I've seen you fight and you're good. You have some things you need to work on but we can fix that. Y/N you know how to fight but it's time that you learned how to box." Malcolm said.

"Dad that's was some Mr. Myagi type shit right there. I like this guy." I said.

"You like me that's cute Y/N. LISTEN UP MAGGOT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD YOUR MAIN FOCUS WILL BE BOXING! YOU ARE GOING TO EAT, SLEEP, AND BLEED BOXING!  THERE WILL BE NO HALF STEPPING ROUND HERE.  I EXPECT YOU TO GIVE ME A HUNDRED PERCENT AT ALL TIMES. IF YOU DON'T I'LL BREAK MY FOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS YOUR ANCESTORS ARE GOING TO FEEL IT! YOU UNDERSTAND?" Malcolm yelled loudly.

"Yes..." I said shyly.

"YES WHAT?" Malcolm asked.

"Yes sir." I said.

Malcolm smiled and said, "Very well. Now once your father gets back from his trip is when we'll start training. And Y/N I promise that I'm gonna make you a winner. All I need is for you to trust me." Malcolm said.

I looked back at my dad and he gave me the okay. I shook Malcolm's hand and let him know that I trusted him a hundred percent. Malcolm and his daughter left then I went upstairs to help my dad pack the rest of his bags for his business trip. I was kinda of sad that dad was leaving because I was gonna have stay in this big house all alone. If Dinah was still here I would feel better. Hell if Reese was here I'd feel better. I know I'm deep in my feelings if I actually want Reese around.

"You sure you're gonna be okay here by yourself?" Dad asked.

"Yes sir." I said sadly.

"You can invite Lauren and the girls over if you want or you can go stay with them if you want." Dad said.

"All of my friends have girlfriends and I really don't want to be around all that lovey dovey stuff right now dad. I'll just stay here and chill by myself." I said.

Dad folded his last shirt and put it in his suitcase then sat down on the bed. "Y/N I know that you've been having a tough time lately but don't let this stuff get you down. You're a beautiful young lady and you should be happy just like your friends are. I know what you should do, how about you take Gavin to Hailee's fight with you this weekend. You two are pretty close and I know that he would love to hang out with you. He told me he likes you and I know that you like him too." Dad said.