Chapter 33

"Mikey?" I whispered. I don't know if he was asleep. He looked up, his hazel eyes glowing against the darkness. "What was that message that bothered you earlier?" He sat up and looked down. I cupped his cheek and ran my thumb across his cheekbone. "What was it?"

"An image someone sent me. But it doesn't matter," he said and gave me a sad smile. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. He kissed back and I slowly slid my hand down to grab his phone from his back pocket. I pulled back and rolled to the side. "Iris, give me the phone back."

"No," I stated. "I'm going to see this message. You have nothing to hide, right?"

"Well, no," he scoffed. He reached over and tried to take my phone. I jumped on his back and pinned him down.

"What's your password?" I asked. I bent down and kissed his cheek. "Please?"

"Iris."

"Yes, Mikey?" I asked in a sweet voice.

"Please get off me."

"Give me your password first."

"You're going to get angry."

"Are you hiding something?"

"You might find some things that could bother you."

"My question was are you hiding something?" He sighed and rolled over so I was sitting on his stomach.

"No. I'm not hiding anything."

"Then you shouldn't be worried about me being angry with you."

"It's orange juice." I gave him the look. Like the 'are you kidding me?' look. "I was drinking orange juice when I was setting up my password, don't give me that look." I typed it in and looked through his messages for the most recent one. It was a number that wasn't saved on his phone. I clicked on it and the latest message was a picture. I sighed when I saw it was the picture that was angled to look like Phil and I were kissing. "I know it isn't real, that's why I didn't let it bother me."

"Matilda has been talking to you?" He nodded. "You know she's just trying to get your head."

"I know. You're my girl and I know you would never cheat on me." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. I wrapped my arms around him and pinned him down on the bed. "You just love being in control, don't you?"

***

I woke up to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answered groggily. "I swear if this is some random cunt waking me up before the sun is even out, I will slit your throat with my nail."

"Calm down, it's only me," Mikey answered. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Gerard and I won't be at school. We're both sick."

"Well, that's nice to know in the middle of the night," I scoffed and plopped back down in bed. "Ray is in a college tour and Frank is on a family vacation. I'm going to be alone today."

"I know, I'm sorry babe," he sighed out. "But I have a really sore throat along with a fever; I can barely get out of bed. Also, it's already 6:20, so it's not the middle of the night."

"Meaning I have ten minutes to sleep before I am supposed to wake up officially," I said. "Feel better, Mikes. I'll pass by after school, okay?"

"Okay," he said. "Love you and please take care at school and be careful. Don't let them get to your head."

"I'll try my best. Love you too. Bye." I hung up and tossed my phone on my bed. I sighed and got out of bed to make coffee. Cinder grumbled at me for turning on the light but then proceeded her slumber. I made myself some coffee and grabbed a muffin to eat. I went back upstairs and grabbed my clothes. I changed quickly, pulling on a pair of simple black tights to wear. I put on my shoes and did my makeup, deciding not to wear my lip rings today. I grabbed my bag, making sure I had everything I needed. I lastly decided to wear my leather fingerless gloves. I walked downstairs and kissed my mom goodbye before heading out. It felt strange to walk alone. I always had the company of Mikey or the rest of the guys. I sighed and walked faster. I don't like being alone now.