Epilogue

Iris' POV

I opened the door to my room with a frown. I know I heard a sound coming from in here. Muffin and Cinder ran past my feet and began jumping on my desk. They knocked over some things and ended up pulling my window's curtains down. I was about to hang the curtain back when I noticed a note on the window. Now, usually, anyone would have been creeped out and terrified of how the note got there, but I immediately dropped the curtain and ran downstairs. Open the door, nerd was written on the note. In that messy handwriting I have grown used to seeing. I nearly tripped down the last step, bumping my hip on the corner of a table. I threw myself against the door and struggled to pull it open. Why are there so many locks?! I threw the door open when I had the last bolt unlocked and basically threw myself at my waiting boyfriend. I felt tears fill my eyes as I breathed in the familiar smell of Mikey.

"You came" I whispered in disbelief. "You're here." He touched his forehead with mine and laughed slightly.

"Of course I came," he answered. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. I kissed him with the longing and heartache I have experienced ever since our departure. I squeezed him tightly. "Come on, let's head inside." He led me into my home and closed the door. I held on tightly to him, not being able to comprehend that Mikey is here. My dork, my love.

"I can't believe this," I whispered. I kissed Mikey again. "You're real." He kissed me back. "You're here."

"I got you this rose. As a makeup for all the lame paper mache flowers I gave you," he told me with a nervous smile and held up a red rose. I grabbed it from his fingers and placed it down gently on the coffee table. I hugged him tightly and leaned him back on the couch. More tears formed in my eyes. I still can't believe Mikey is here.

"All I care about is you right now," I said. "I haven't seen you in forever. I don't care about the flower. Or the fact that I know you didn't come here with your parents. I love you, Mikey Way." He kissed me softly.

"I love you more, Iris Quinn," he added. He tucked a strand of my black hair behind my ear. "You are my forever." I smiled as he wiped my tears away.

"So much for the girl who didn't love anyone," I said with a small laugh. "I've changed."

"So much for the boy who hid away from the world," he spoke through his pain. "You helped me changed" I smiled and ran my hand through his hair. "Change isn't always bad." I reached into his shirt and pulled out his necklace. I read the words engraved on the half heart.

"Our parents did believe in our love even after all the trouble we gave them," I whispered.

"They might have even envied us," he told me with a smile. I caressed his cheek. "I don't ever want to leave your side."

"Then don't" I responded. Mikey held my hands tightly. "I'm 17. You're 18. What will we do now, Mikey? Because I won't allow anyone or anything get in between us anymore. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever." He looked into my eyes for a few moments. His hand caressed my cheek.

"You can run away with me," he whispered and touched his forehead with mine.

"Anytime you want" I finished with a smile. Mikey kissed my lips with the passion he first kissed me with. I ran my hands through his hair. "We can leave this world, leave it all behind. Just you and me together, Iris."

And so we did.