Chapter 27

I sighed in annoyance. I was at the doctor's office. Why? Because I got in a fight today in school. A bad one, nonetheless. It may or may not have ended up with us falling down the stairs. I wasn't alone though, I was with Mikey and my mom. And I was annoyed at Mikey because he had told my mom about my near fainting problems. I've had that feeling before, when I get up too fast or when I'm really cold. I feel nauseous as well when I get dizzy. It took a bad turn when my mom linked it to pregnancy... like Mom, no. Mikey and I haven't done that... I sighed and leaned back on Mikey's arm. He was caught in between the fight when he tried to pull me off the guy who I was fighting with. He has a few bruises himself, but nothing major. I hit my head while falling down the stairs so they're making sure I don't have a concussion or anything.

"Ms. Iris Quinn?" I glanced up at the nurse. "Please come with me so we can take some blood samples." I shivered at the thought but followed her into the cold room. "How is your head feeling?"

"A little sore," I said. I held an ice pack against the back of my head.

"Please sit down here." I collapsed on the chair and sighed.

"What's this blood test for?"

"To see if you have any immune diseases that might be affecting your bloodstream." She prepared my arm by wiping it with an alcohol wipe and wrapping a tourniquet above my elbow. I winced slightly when the needle pricked my skin. I shivered, feeling the blood being removed from my body. She finished and quickly put a Band-Aid over it. She took me back to the waiting room. "The results should come in two days. Please make an appointment at the front desk."

"Thank you," my mom said with a sincere smile. I sat next to Mikey and noticed the dark bruise on his jaw.

"Did I cause this?" I mumbled and traced my fingers against his sensitive skin. He just shook his head.

"The other guy elbowed me when I was trying to pull you off him," he explained. I kissed him lightly before pressing the icepack against his jaw.

"I'm expecting a lecture either from you or my mom," I sighed out.

"Well, to be fair, you've gone a few weeks from sending someone to the hospital or clinic." He smiled and lightly stroked my face. "So since it's a day before Valentine's, I'll let this one slide." I smiled and kissed his cheek. Since Belleville High School decided to change its entire regulation and code, everything has been a lot stricter. You know what makes bullies happy? Pissing off the teachers. How? By taunting me until a fight starts. I don't start these fights, but I am an aggressive fighter. These past few weeks have been a living hell, both at school and at home. He tangled his fingers with mine. "And I think your mom will make it easy for you as well. This is your first major fight this year. I'm assuming you haven't told her about the ones you've been to in school, so she might be a little mad that you sent a kid to a hospital again."

"To be fair, I fell down the stairs too," I argued. "And I wasn't the one who started the fight." He chuckled slightly before pecking my lips.

"I know you didn't. Even if I wasn't there." I smiled slightly.

"I have to pee." He started laughing uncontrollably. "What?"

"Thank you for that information. I don't know what to do with it."

"Oh, shut up," I said and lightly shoved him. I pressed the palm of my hand against the base of my skull when I felt a throbbing pain. He grabbed the ice pack I was holding against his face and placed it behind my head.

"Did they tell you if you got a concussion?" he asked, worry filling his voice.

"No, but I don't think I have one. I've gotten one before so I know the feeling. I'll probably just have a big bruise."