Chapter 37

Mikey's POV

I lied.

She thinks I still have two days to be with her. But I don't, I leave tomorrow at noon. I didn't want to correct her because it would have devastated her even more. I know I shouldn't have lied. She thinks we have two whole days together left when in reality we only have one left before I leave. But I didn't want anything to be planned I just wanted to have it happen and end like a regular day for us. She stirred in her sleep before opening her grand emerald eyes. "How long have you been awake?" she asked with a yawn.

"A while. You're very adorable in your sleep."

"Creep," she mumbled and snuggled into my side. I smiled and kissed her cheek before hugging her tightly.

"Wake up, beautiful. We have an entire day planned ahead of us." She grumbled and tucked her head under my arm.

"Just a few more minutes." I kissed her forehead and rubbed her sides. She relaxed in my arms with a small smile on her lips. I enjoyed her warmth in my arms and smiled to myself. I'm not going to always have her with me. I sighed and closed my eyes. I suddenly felt so tired. "Mikey?" I opened my eyes and looked at her. She smiled and kissed me softly. "What are you making me for breakfast?"

"Umm...you are making yourself cereal," I said with a laugh. She pouted. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her in for a deep kiss. She cupped my cheek and sighed in satisfaction.

"So you're making me waffles?" she asked with a grin.

"Um, no, but we can go out to get waffles," I said with a laugh. She contemplated the idea before nodding.

"Then you are going to go buy me waffles," she said. "I wonder if we can order it for delivery...I really don't want to get out of bed."

"I don't either. This is the first time we've woken up so early without probable cause. I just want to stay here with you." A brown mass of fur jumped on the bed and curled between Iris and me. "You and your cats. It wouldn't be a regular day without the cats interfering." She groaned and covered her face with my arm.

"Mikey," she whined. "I'm famished, but I don't want to get out of bed."

"Well, it looks like you have a tough situation to handle," I replied and nudged her side.

"Pass me my phone. Please." I reached over to grab her phone from the nightstand. She began texting someone. "Please...buy waffles...from a good place...and bring them over...to my house...I'll pay you...eventually...bring enough for the whole gang...thanks."

"Who did you text?" I asked.

"Ray." She glanced at her phone. "And he said he's coming around ten. And it's eight. That means two hours of hunger. The agony!" She plopped down on top of me. "Mikey..."

"Come on you big baby," I said and pulled her out of bed. "Let's get you some food then." I picked her up over my shoulder and walked down the stairs carefully. She kept smacking my butt or thighs every time I stepped down.

"This is actually fun," she said with a laugh. I threw her on the couch and plopped down next to her. "So you're going to go make me food?" I sighed and looked at her. "Please?" She pouted at me.

"Hmm....nope," I told her and snuggled into her side. She smacked me with her hand before resting her head on my shoulder. Her slender arms found themselves around me, embracing me in a tight hold.

"Is it ten yet?" she asked.

"No, it isn't. You're really going to make me get you food aren't you?" She nodded, a grin forming on her lips. I sighed and stood up. She was still holding onto me so she was half off the couch.