Chapter 28: Alaska's 19th

It was the morning after boxing day, which means its Alaska's birthday. I got up and surprisingly, Skip was already up and changed. I walked into the kitchen, still half asleep and in my P.J's. Skip was just finishing off his breakfast. I looked at him in shock.

"What are you doing up?" I asked in shock. Was i missing something?

"I'm taking you dress shopping, for tonight!" He said, sounding enthusiastically.

"Are you serious?" I said, rubbing my eye and yawning. Skip nodded his head.

"Go get ready!" He shouted at me. I rolled my eyes.

"You'll get bored.." I started. Skip cut me off.

"Go get changed before i change my mind!" I did as i was told.

A few minutes later i reappeared. I let out my more, tom-boyish side. I was wearing a white top with the 'pepsi' logo on it, a pear of light demin shorts, white converse and a demin rucksack. Just throwing my hair up into a pony tail. I walked downstairs to see Skip waiting for me, with his car keys in his hand. 

"Are you ready?" I asked him. He nodded. And we walked out to his car.

We had spent 3 hours so far shopping, and we've finally stopped for lunch at a little cafe. 

"Losing the will to live yet?" I asked. A cheeky smile spread across his face, and he shook his head.

"Definitely not. Why would i get fed up at looking at you trying on flattering dresses?" He complimented me with a wink. I could feel the heat flowing into my cheeks, however it didn't last too long.

We were soon into our next shop. Skip dragged me into a shop i've never seen before. So its probably just Australian based. Skip was like a personal shopper, picking up dresses, holding them up against me, then making a decision if they're good enough or not. 

Skip gave me a arm load of dresses and pushed me into one of the empty changing rooms, as he waited just outside. I tried on a few nothing-special dresses and they all hung in the wrong places. I was about to give up hope when i came across a white, knee length dress (See multi-media for actual dress). I pulled it on eagerly and showed Skip. He looked up from his phone for a second and then had to double take. A smile spread across his face.

"I think that's the dress for you!" Skip shouted excitedly.

"Aw, you think so?" I say while twirling in the mirror.

"Yes! Luke will love it!" He shouted. He soon realised what he said, and he tried to hide his face.

"So you look me out to buy a dress, to impress Luke?" I asked, not sure if i should appreciate it or be offended. Skip nodded slowly, probably scared i was going to hit him or something.

I raised my eyebrow at him and pursed my lips. I suppose he's helping... I looked at myself in the mirror once more, looking at the dress once more, it perfectly hugged my curves and flowed with my every move. Skip brought it for me, after a long fight saying i wanted to buy it. Even though i could only afford a sequin of it. He also tried to buy me some shoes, but i stopped it at the dress. Thankfully, i brought some white high heels with me, just in case. After a long 5 hour shopping trip, we eventually got home. And i had 2 hours to get ready.

"Come on Chels! We're gonna be late!" Skip shouted up the stairs to me. I was putting the finishing touches on my curls. Which i put half up half down once more. I pulled on my white high heels and grabbed my white clutch bag, which had my phone and purse in.