Chapter 1

I pull my hair into a pony tail and flop onto my computer chair, mentally preparing myself for a night of scrolling through the endless world; commonly named the internet. Opening a new browser, I examine the YouTube home screen in an attempt to find something interesting to watch. I check Markiplier's channel but there are no uploads. For the next five minutes I keep refreshing the page in hopes someone will update. Not prevailing, I pull open Skype and call my friend, Fae. Skype rings a couple times before she picks up with a jolly greeting.

"Hey, I'm bored out of my mind. What about you?" I ask her out of interest, turning my webcam on.

"Same, just making edits for Instagram, then I might update my wattpad story. Depends on my effort levels." She laughs at herself.

"So, h-" I'm about to ask a question but I'm interrupted by Fae shouting.

"(Y/N), what the hell is that behind you?" She has turned pale and her eyes are glued to one point on the screen.

I slowly spin around, feeling terrified.

There it is. A black mist sitting on my bed.

I'm frozen, scared of whatever this thing is. I've never really believed in ghosts due to myself never experiencing anything paranormal, but now I'm really on the fence here.

The mist gets off of my bed and stands in front of it, slowly forming the outline of a man, then forming body parts until there is someone standing before me.

He flicks his wrist, causing my computer to shut off as he slowly approaches me.

I'm frozen in my seat, examining this person.

Suddenly, reality snaps into place and I jump up in an attempt to run away. But the man grabs my arm and pulls me to face him with incredible strength.

"I really thought we could sort this out without trouble." He smiles, his deep black eyes showing my terrified reflection. "Guess we'll have to do it the hard way."

I recognise the person, oddly resembling... Markipkier?

"Don't want to speak, eh?" He lets go of my arm and throws me to the ground.

"W-What do you want?" I stumble on my words, terrified out of my mind.

"I couldn't tell you that! It would ruin the surprise." A cold smile forms on his face. "Let's go."

I spring up to run away but within the blink of an eye, we're in a completely different place. Did I just teleport? I spin around to the strange man.

"Dearie, I would explain everything to you, but I'm not about to go and stereo typically tell you my evil plan." He picks up a heavy book from my bed, brutally hitting me around the head and knocking me out.

***

Short intro.