Chapter 24

I stand in the main area of the shopping centre, not sure where to go. So I just go to the entrance. I stand out, looking across the car park before running. I run past people filling their cars with shopping and pushing trolleys around.

I end up at the entrance of the car park, my tankini swinging in my hand as I run down the path.

- - -

It's been about two hours now, maybe three? I honestly have no clue where I am or what time it is.

I've been walking down the same path, crossing roads as I cry. I'd sometimes stop and sit on a small wall, regretting my rash desicions for running away without any sense of direction. Gosh, I'm such a brat. But, your best friend kissing your crush? My crush... God... I didn't realise I was falling for him. Maybe there is a rational explanation, maybe Fae passed out and he was doing mouth to mouth? I doubt it.

As I'm sitting on the wall with tears rushing out, I hear a car screech to a halt as car doors swing open and slam behind them. I don't bother to look up as I already have a solid idea of who is angrily running up to me.

"(Y/N)! I trust you for five minutes and here you are, running off like a two year old with a temper tantrum!" Dark's voice bellows as he approaches me, his hand automatically gripping my fore arm.

When I look up at him, his angry expression softens at my distraught appearance.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Dark asks. His grip loosening as he looks into my eyes. I can't bear it as I quickly pull him into a hug, continuing to cry.

"Is she okay?" I hear Mark ask which causes me to fall slightly limp. Gosh, I hate him so much right now but my heart aches for him

"I think so?" Dark sheepishly laughs, lightly stroking my hair. He then guides me into the car, sitting me down in the passenger seat. This is when I notice Fae is also in the car, smiling happily at me.

I look away, staring out the window as Mark and Dark climb in the car.

The ride is critically silent as I refuse to talk and Mark and Fae act as if all is normal... It pains me.

- - -

When we get home I instantly jump out, I quickly go to the bathroom. I jump in the bath, crawl up into a small ball and I mope, letting out quiet cries.

- - -

When I come out 15 minutes later I'm confronted by Dark who has a stern look on his face.

"Why did you run away?"

"I didn't, I was just doing a jog and got lost."

"You were crying."

"Because I was hungry and lack of food makes me emotional." I gesture dramatically as I walk past to get to the living room.

"Just tell me, it's obvious you're avoiding Fae and Mark." As he states that I walk in the living room where Mark and Fae are watching TV, so I quickly head to the kitchen. Damn circumstances proving Dark's point, "See? You just avoided them then!"

"Well, I have no one else to tell so I guess I'll tell you." I let out a sigh as I turn to him, whilst leaning on the worktop, I look to see If Mark and Fae are watching us.

"I'm listening."

"I have feelings for Mark."

"You what?!?"

"Please calm down! It's probably just a small crush, but anyway...  In the clothing shop I walked back from buying my tankini and saw that Mark and Fae were kissing... So I ran away."

"This?" Dark holds out my tankini to me and I thank him as I take it, "You left it in the car."

"It's not easy to watch your best friend and your love interest kiss... I can tell you that." I throw a random spoon in the sink in anger.

"Well, you can't blame her, I'm assuming you didn't tell her you liked him." Dark shrugs as he leans against the fridge, his arms crossed.

"But I've know him longer and he hasn't made any advances on me!"

"(Y/N)..."

"I know, it sounds selfish. But..." I let out a sigh, "I hope it was a one off thing."

"You need to tell them."

"I know... I just can't right now..."

- - -

There has been a house meeting called and we are to meet in the living room at 4pm. It's now 4:05pm and me, Dark, Jack and Anti are waiting whilst watching random TV shows.

Dark leans into my ear and whispers, "Anti and Jack know about your crush by the way." I turn to see Jack and Anti giving me comforting smiles so I grin a small smile as I stare of in the distance.

"Surprise!" Mark cheerfully slides into the room using the wooden floor and slippery socks, blocking the TV.

"You're late." Anti huffs, trying to see behind Mark.

"It's only by 6 minutes! Anyway, me and Fae have something to announce." Fae comes in the room, making eye contact with me but soon looks away as I check the time to make sure it has actually been 6 minutes. It's still five past... mwahah you are wrong. I feel the tension build as we all seem to realise what path this is going down. I feel side glances from the other three on the couch, all worrying that they aren't about to say what we think they are.

"We're dating!"

"Why do we care?" Dark barks out, obviously irritated.

"Congrats!" Jack chirps.

"Fuck off and let me see the TV." Anti still tries to see the TV, using his powers to throw a pillow at Mark. As I'm watching Operation Repo I feel his eyes boaring into me, wanting me to look for some sort of confirmation, so I glance over to him as he throws the pillow back.

"You're happy aren't you, (Y/N)?"

Anti POV

"You're happy aren't you, (Y/N)?"

Okay, the TV can wait and I can watch this drama.

But (Y/N) just ignores him as she continues to watch the television, the TV remote being tossed in her hand.

"(Y/N)? Why are you ignoring us!" Fae almost shouts, her face saddened about (Y/N) obviously avoiding and ignoring them.

She still says quiet, her eyes searching the wall for something interesting to look at. I can tell she hides her anger well, I guess she has a long fuse.

"Just leave us alone and go fuck in all the places you can think of." Dark, now completely annoyed, wavers them off, but this seems to cut (Y/N)'s fuse in half as she lets out a long, deep sigh.

"Thanks for the announcement, but you can go now." I smile a fake smile, filled with 'Fuck off'.

"No, we want to know what's wrong!" Mark steps forward but his shifty movements imply something is afoot... I'll have to watch this intently now.