Chapter 37

I sat on the toilet, my thoughts being directed to Mark asking me out. I would love to, I would say yes right on the spot and kiss the shit out of him. But the circumstances are disturbing me right now, I can't go and be all lovey dovey with Mark when I have all these things in my mind, I have her memories, she was killed by her own husband, Dark. I shouldn't be surprised that he killed someone, but to kill the person you apparently love is on a whole new level of insanity. Plus, since I've been here. He's just been a dick, not a murderer. I can't help but let out a small weep as the tears roll down my cheeks, I need to talk to him privately tomorrow, then I will find the courage to tell the others.

As I begin to think through my plans for tomorrow, the door opens to reveal a Mark, his eyes wide as he notices my trousers down, "I was... going to tell you the lock was broken..."

"I see that now." I mumble, wiping my face as I turn away, noticing a small urge to smile.

"Have you been crying?" He immediately falls to his knees in front of me, suddenly concerned as he checks over my face, ignoring the face that I'm trying to pee.

"It's nothing-"

"I'm sorry that asking you out would make you react like this, I'm sorry, I thought you felt the same w-"

"I do feel the same way!" I interrupt him, standing up, whipping my pyjama bottoms back around my waist as I flush the toilet.

"Then... why not say yes?" He holds my right hand in his, looking deeply into my eyes, making my heart stop.

"It's... it's a little complicated right now." I say the most border line thing that came to my mind, making me seem like a douche, blowing him off.

"...Well..." He lets go of my hand, not making eye contact with me.

"Mark-"

"I'll be on the couch." Mark continues to walk down the hall to the bedroom, turning the light on with me hopping behind.

"Please, Mark don't." I plead, standing in the door way like a lost puppy with a bad leg. He ignores me as he continues to grab a pillow and some clothes, the light immediately illuminating his tears. I instantly well up, my heart tearing at the edges as I see his pained face, "Mark... I'm sor-"

"No, if it's so complicated, I'll guess I'll get out of your hair." He pushes me out of the door way, stamping down the stairs. This is when the corridor light flickers on, with Fae standing outside the spare bedroom door, looking at me scarcely. She immediately opens up her arms, with me quickly hopping over to embrace her.

"What's happened?" She whispers to me, worry surrounding her voice.

"Mark asked me out before I passed out, and then he asked me about it right now and I said it was 'complicated', so he stormed off." I wept into her shoulder, my voice cracking as I said complicated.

"He asked you out?!?" She holds me out at an arm's length, "Why didn't you say yes?"

"Fae..." I mumble, "I said it was complicated for a reason... I'll tell you soon enough."

"Mark's a dick, just like Dark he is! He can be a righr arsehole. He should bloody know when to respect a woman going through hard times!" Fae deliberately shouts down the stairs as Mark reaches the bottom, he turns around, a tear falling down his cheek before he goes into the living room.

- - -

I wake up on a mission, after getting dressed and now being able to loosely walk on my ankle, I walk up to Dark who sits watching TV.

"Come with me." I pull on his arm, and after fighting for a few seconds, he reluctantly follows after I give him a death glare.

I pull him to the end of the garden, out of hearing range for anyone in the house to hear.

"So... I have a lot of talking to do." I raise an eyebrow at him as I sit on the grass, him following suite.

"So, why did you have to pull me away from my TV?" He attempts to make a joke of it, but my serious face instructs what the mood for the situation is.

"When I was in (D/N)'s head, I saw a lot of things... I saw her dreams, her nightmares... her memories. Her nightmares were about the night she was killed and she told me to see who the killer was..." I stare into his eyes, and he doesn't look away, "I saw you."

He lets out a deep sigh, his eyes slightly welling up, "She cheated on me, multiple times, and she beat me. I know I overreacted, but my anger built and I lashed out... I regretted it straight after I did it, and I still do. I didn't want to kill her, she was the love of my life." Dark begins full on crying, completely distraught as he rests his head in his hands.

"Dark..." I mumble quietly, "We're going to have to tell the others, I'm sure they won't hate you for it. It's fine, she's back now."

"I don't want her back, I want her to leave me alone, but ever since she died she haunts my dreams, I'm scared to sleep." He looks up to me, his eyes bloodshot, "I've never confessed to someone... it feels nice."

"Oh god, Dark. You're such a mess... I don't know how to feel anymore." I stand up, letting out a frustrated sigh, "Let's go tell the others."

"T-Thank you, (Y/N). I really wouldn't be able to do this without you." Dark smiles sheepishly at me, which I return as we walk into the living room, where Anti sits.

"Anti, call every one here." I ask, covering my ears in anticipation.

Anti them begins shouting very loudly, which I can hear completely clearly even though my ears are blocked, he calls a house meeting and everyone quickly comes to the living room, even Mark. He rushes down the stairs but once he sees me he slows down with a sigh, making em roll my eyes and feel a little nervous.

Fae and Jack share the sofa with Anti, Mark stands behind them in his boxers and socks, his glasses off. Dark stands slightly behind me awkwardly.

"Well, you may know I've been... acting differently ever since I've been back... and that's because whilst I was in (D/N)'s mind... I saw everything. Her dreams, her nightmares, her thoughts, her memories... Every night she had a nightmare about the night she was killed... I watched in horror... it was awful." I say, looking to the floor, but once I look up again everyone besides Mark is giving me pitiful looks, he just looks bored as he stares intriguingly at Jack's messy green hair.

This is going to be a handfull.