Chapter 5

I'm woken by being shaken, I hit whatever is shaking me while moaning, "Go away."

"(Y/N)." I hear Mark say as he continues to shake me.

"What?" I wave my hand about blindly in an attempt to hit him but I end up missing.

"We have to go soon, go look in my room for clothes." He stops shaking me and starts poking me.

"Okay..." I then gradually fall asleep again a few seconds later.

"(Y/N)!" He exclaims.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I stand up, stretching my arms out as I yawn.

Mark then goes to wake up Dark so, in return, I rush to Mark's room to get changed. I pick out some dark jeans, a legend of Zelda T-shirt and a black hoodie. I change into the clothes, my boobs being slightly squashed by the tightness of the shirt; it looks like it hasn't been worn in a while, so I guess it is too small for him. I shrug on the hoodie, walk out of the room and into the kitchen.

"What shoe size are you?" I ask Mark.

"10," he hands me a plate of two poptarts.

"Dark. Magic me some trainers, please?" I ask, biting into a poptart.

He stares at my feet for a moment and gives me some mint green Vans. I give them a look, nodding as I say, "Good enough."

"You're size 8?" He asks, shocked as he finishes his plate of pop tarts.

"Yeah, shut up and leave me alone."

- - -

Dark is sitting in the back seat behind me and I'm in the passenger seat while Mark drives. Mark gave me some headphones so I'm listening to music on an iPod Dark gave me as it cannot make phone calls and no internet means I cannot install any messaging apps. He did let me install any songs I want from iTunes, so I'm just listening to 'Dollhouse' on almost full blast.

My headphone gets yanked out of my right ear, I spin around to see it was Dark who did it, "What do you want?"

"To be spoken to, stop being so anti social." Dark huffs, resting his feet up on the back of my chair.

"Get your feet down! And what am I supposed to talk about? 'Day two of being kidnapped is so fun! I've been hit round the head with a book, dropped onto the floor and I now cannot be trusted alone in a house.'" I mimic in a high pitched voice, getting a little angered.

"He hit you with a book?" Mark turns to me with shocked eyes.

"Yes!" I lift my hair out of the way of the left side of my face, revealing a small portion of the bruise as the rest is covered by hair.

"Shit..."

The car ride is silent until we get there.

"Come on. We're here. Let's get out." Mark encourages us out, locking the car securely after.

As we're walking I can feel Dark slink an arm around my waist, I move away from him, giving him a death glare after. He then pulls a hoodie over his head and Mark does the same to try and hide themselves from fans. Mark commented on it during the car ride, he said he didn't want it to come to the worst and have them possibly see Dark or me.

They stand either side of me and one of them pulls my hoodie over my head, "No one knows who I am, why are you doing that for?"

"Friends or family might see you." Dark shrugs, off course he did it.

"I live- lived." I correct myself, "I lived in Britain before I was taken, you twat." I angrily whisper to him as we approach a crowd of people watching the plane land on the landing strip. "Just a heads up, I'm not going to speak."

"Okay." They both say at the same time, slightly scaring me.

They sit down next to each other but I choose to stand up as I walk in slow circles from boredom.

- 30 MINUTES LATER -

The passengers soon begin to flood the lobby, mothers and fathers rush to hug their kids who have returned from college in a different state while families with small children talk about how great their holiday in Spain was. One of the small families stop and chat somewhere behind me, close enough to where I can listen in on them. I saw it was a little boy, mother, father and little girl. But it's only the little girl who isn't joining in their conversation, not until everyone goes silent.

"Maybe Gran can come with us next time, when she gets back." The little girl's voice is cheery and excitable.

"Katie, honey... We've talked about this. Gran has gone to heaven with Pap." The mother's soft voice answers her. This causes my breathing to hitch as it hits quite close to home.

(A/N: Pap=Grandad, some people in Britain call them this... Even though this family is American... but shush.)

"But I want her to come back... I miss her." The girl's sweet, innocent voice replies, silencing the family as my heart freezes.

"When we get back we can visit her resting place and you can talk to Gran about your holiday, okay baby?" I twist my head to see the mother on her knees, her hand on the little girl's shoulder. I watch the girl sadly nod, her pony tails bouncing. She looks down at a hand made card in her hands that says, 'Eye mis u Nan' with a drawing of a beach and the whole family on it, including the Gran. The people are labeled as 'Mommy', 'Daddy', 'Stinky brother', 'Me', 'Granny', and 'Pap'. Both the Grandmother and Grandfather have gold rings above their heads, wings behind them.

My throat tightens and I instantly well up, tears streaming down my face as I weep. I pull a hand to cover my mouth but I can't help but cry as I think about it even more and more. The mother looks at me, making me snap my eyes away and look ahead, trying to stop myself from crying.

"Are you okay, mam?" Her thick American accent asks me as she places a hand on my forearm.

"Sorry for listening in, you just have a very touching story." I smile kindly towards her as I feel tears roll down my face. "I'm terribly sorry for your loss."

"What's going on here?" I hear Dark's voice ask beside me as he prys into our conversation.

"Oh, nothing, just sit down." I waft Dark away with my hand and I make eye contact with him to see his eyes are now a forest green with white corneas, his pale skin is tanned and he know has dark brown messy hair flowing from his head.

"Are you crying?" His eyebrows furrow in worry.

"I'm fine, Da-" I stop before saying his name, trying to think of something else, "D-Damon, I'm fine, sit down."

"Anyway, I'll be off now, thank you for your concerns." The mother says goodbye and I turn around to see the little girl waving me goodbye.

I turn to see 'Damon' and Mark are suspiciously looking at me so I quickly wipe away my tears and attempt to calm my breathing. I stroll over and stand near the seats Mark and 'Damon' are sitting in.

"Damon, nice name." Dark jokes.

"Yes, Damon. Now turn back to Dark before you freak me out too much." I elbow him, making eye contact with Mark.

"What happened there?" Mark asks, a little concerned.

"I was listening to them talking about their holiday in Spain, and then the daughter asked if their Nan could come next time. But the mother had to explain how the Nan had passed which lead to the daughter saying she missed her Nan. So the mother said how she could tell Nan all about their holiday when they visit her grave." I get teary eyed again, seeing Mark's face fall as Dark pulls his hoodie up over his face.

"That's some deep shit." Mark chuckles, trying to make light of the situation.

"Yep, yes it is."