Chapter 32

I get changed into some floral pajama bottoms and top, with a grey hoodie half zipped up. I tug on some new socks and pull my hair into a pony tail before looking in the mirror again, my mini monologue giving me little reassurance. But that's when my eyes go to black, with neon red pupils, scaring the living day lights out of me. In hopes my mind is playing with me, I rub my eyes, blinking profusely, but to no avail, they're still black and red.

No.

This can't be happening, not so soon...

I quickly run down stairs in a blind panic, my heart beat dramatically increasing as I reach the kitchen. I look through a gap in the window between some plant pots to see they're all sitting on loungers now, except for Anti and Dark who are sitting in the floaty still while the moon stands above them all, the only light coming from the outdoor lamps.

I reach for the slightly ajar door to rush out there, screaming in panic, but I freeze as I hear them talking.

"What are we going to do when she turns into (D/N)?" Jack asks, sounding worried, this is when I go back to looking through the two plant pots to see what's happening.

"Will she try to hurt us?" Fae is shaking at the thought, her eyes rapidly blinking whilst she shakes her head.

"It's (Y/N), you don't actually think she can hurt anyone... right?" Jack starts by sounding confident, but then begins looking around for confirmation as he begins to second guess himself.

"Right, it's just (Y/N). Just (Y/N), not a murderous evil version of her or anything!" Exclaiming with extreme sarcasm, Fae rolls her eyes.

"Don't say that." Breaking into the conversation for the first time, Mark softly says, looking up. His back is to me, so I can't really see his face but I spot his glasses are on the floor nearby him.

"Mark, you can't avoid it. It's going to happen, and we need to know how to deal with it." Fae rationally explains before turning to Dark and Anti before shouting, "It would help if someone who actually knew about this would help!"

"We'll help when she turns." Anti waves her off before turning and talking to Dark again.

Something moving catches my eye, but it's just a fly. I watch it intently as it lands on a mirror, I step forward, swatting the fly away, and that's when I see my hair has now turned black. Why is it happening so quickly? It's only been a few hours. Wait, three hours? How long was I up there?

My skin is still... alive. A fleshy peach with pink tones, thankfully. So... It's 12am, and when I wake up in the morning, I won't... be here. I'm turning, it's happening. I look at the mirror and I go close to it, examining my eyes as I spot that around them they're turning black, as if black eye shadow has been smudged all around them.

I decide there has been enough eaves dropping, so I open the door and walk out, my hoodie already pulled up. They go silent as I walk, I look to the floor, not letting them see my face as I walk and sit next to Mark on the lounger. I dig my face into his shoulder, his arms quickly wrapping around me and hugging me whilst asking if I'm doing okay.

"No, no I'm not. It's already happening." I say aloud, making sure everyone can hear.

"Well, you have been up there for three hours. And what do you mean it's happening, I bet you're being... irrational. It's probably nothing." He tries to brush it off with a playful tone.

"No... it's not nothing." I slide away from him, pulling my hood off to show my black hair and red and black eyes. I join eye contact with everyone, tears slightly brimming as I try not to freak out.

"It is really happening." Mark mutters, looking at me, pained.

"It so surreal now," Jack adds, shaking his head in astonishment, "I just can't process this."

"I want to apologise if I hurt any of you... and I want to apologise to my future self if I murder someone..." I whisper the second part, which Mark heard as he looks at Anti angrily as Anti chuckles.

"Do you think this a funny joke?" He shouts at him, getting angered, "You're torturing and hurting her, why?"

"I'm doing a favour." He simply says before giving me a cheeky grin.

"You are such a self-centered dick!" I begin screaming, feeling an anger I've never felt before rush through me as I stand up, "Who are you doing this for?"

Anti stands up, looking at me as if I was a novice of the world, looking at me like I was a small child who didn't fully understand everything around me, and honestly, that's what I feel like. He gracefully floats into the air, before disappearing and appearing in front me. In shock I step back a bit, my angry look never fading from my face.

"Oh, oh so innocent (D/N)." His voice is so angelic as it silences everything around us, his devilish look is surprising to the seemingly kind voice he beholds.

"Don't call me that." I quickly retort, stepping forward in an attempt to threaten him.

"You're an amateur in this parallel world of evil, so don't act as if you know what you're doing. It's obvious you have no clue, so stop acting like the hero, and back off." Anti's soft voice soon begins to sharpen it's edges, piercing my ears as he, too, leans forward and pushes me away.

"I'm not trying to act like a fucking hero! I'm trying to act like a rational human being, which I feel is impossible when your best friends are shaking in their boots at the thought of me. Me! (FIRST/N) fucking (LAST/N). A person who asks their friends to buy a Crunchie bar for them because she's too scared of talking to people, or having to make human contact." My fear intermingles with my anger and frustration, fueling my courage as I stand up to this devil of a man, "I don't want this! It's not my fault Dark's girlfriend died! Why do I have to damn suffer."

I feel like I made a huge mistake as Dark's two white eye's stare into me from the pool's edge. Just two bright lights suspended in the darkness. He soon teleports in front of me, his face suddenly looking like death itself, "She was my wife."

"That's a damn surprise." I mumble under my breath, this new found confidence getting ahead of me.

"I'm sorry, would you like to say that again?" He leans forward, his wet hair and body now dripping onto me.

"Not really, but I would appreciate it if you stopped drenching me." I step back, wiping the moisture from my pyjamas.

"Oh... I've had enough of you."