Chapter 23

I wake up groggily, dried drool is on my chin and my mouth and nose is being invaded by my hair that I held close to my face to sniff last night. After rubbing my eyes I see Mark's fist is still full of my hair as he's fast asleep.

Due to my urgent need to pee, I quickly pull my hair from his hands before making a rushed exit to the bathroom. When I walk back into Mark's room I spot Mark is now awake as he rolls off the bed and onto the floor lazily, staring at the ceiling. Something pops into my head, something I cannot help but ask.

"Mark," He jumps at my voice, not noticing I am standing there," I know you're probably not the most reliable person to ask this too, as you probably don't know the answer. And I know this is really random. But, what's my future?" I lean over him, my hair cascading a shield around my head.

"Your future? Well, you'll become a high class artist, drawing portraits for the upper class people. You'll spend your mornings drinking herbal teas, sitting in your conservatory in your white silk and velvet dressing gown with an embroidered (Y/N's first letter); sat at a white and grey marble coffee table with a matching set of chairs. An array of delightful breakfast treats on a silver platter, served by your butler Benjamin in a crisp black suit. Your gardener Juan will wave through the conservatory window, giving a cautionary wink as your husband bends down and kisses your cheek before settling down to his herbal tea and newspaper Benjamin brought him." Mark looks up to me with a smile, whilst imaging that scene I couldn't help but imagine him as my husband, and I don't know if that's because I'm staring at his face or something else...

"Jesus Christ, I just wanted to know if I would ever escape this hell hole," I flop down onto the floor next to him, gesturing to everything around me, "I didn't need you to make me reevaluate my life."

"Hey, my home isn't a hell hole, it's quite nice. It's got a damn pool."

"True, we have to have a small pool party amongst us all, do you think I'll be trusted with Fae to go swimsuit and food shopping." I imagine us walking around, admiring the American couture and American men as we try on bikinis. Then we choose snacks, treats, meat and buns so I can watch Mark slave over the grill, his shirt off and sweat dripping over his-

"Probably, you'll have to ask Dark about that. And why do you get to choose food?" Mark interrupts my fantasies, making me blush.

"Because you'd choose everything I hate, probably." I shrug, thinking about how to convince Dark.

- - -

"Darkie?" I ask sweetly, poking his arm.

"Darkie? What do you want (Y/N-ie)?" Dark spins around, his arms crossed over.

"So, we were thinking of having a small pool party between us all. Would you trust me to go out with Fae so we can go shopping?" I ask, giving him puppy dog eyes as I bite my lip.

"Sure, take Mark with you though." He agrees pretty easily, surprising me.

"Thanks! But why do we have to bring Mark?" I ask, following him as he walks around the kitchen, making himself a bowl of cereal.

"He's the money source and I can teleport to him to make sure you're not running off." He brings the milk carton to his lips, finishing it off after he filled his bowl up.

"Can't you just teleport to us anyway?" I inquire.

"All the times me and Anti have teleported, we have been in the same room as Mark or Jack. We can only teleport to our other, better, sides of ourselves."

"How did you get in my room in the fir-"

"That's something different..." His voice deepens, sounding agitated at my questioning. I better just take what I can before I get smaked.

"I see, well, thank you!" I give him a small hug before skipping down the hall and into the living room, giving a huge grin to Fae.

"Why are you so chipper?" She raises an eyebrow.

"We're having a pool party and me, you and Mark get to go shopping for swimsuits, food and fun pool stuff!" I exclaim, jumping on the settee next to her.

"You're like an excitable puppy, I swear to god..." She shakes her head with a smile, though she seems slightly off.

- - -

We arrive at the mall, Mark stuffing his keys into his pocket and giving me his wallet, which I stuff into my pocket, as we dart quickly into a clothes shop. We look around for a little before finding the swimsuit section.

"Oh my god, this is the most amazing swimsuit I've ever seen." I hear Fae say, I spin around to see a bright green and brown skimpy swimsuit.

"Yes, but what about this one?" I pull out a swimsuit which might as well be sold in a crafts store, it's just strips of fabric.

"Great coverage." She giggles putting the swimsuit back before looking for a more appropriate option.

"Are there any body suits?" I remark, not feeling comfortable with most of the options.

Mark begins walking ahead, and that's when I'm pulled back by my arm to Fae, "Why didn't you tell Mr you were kidnapped?"

I raise an eyebrow, a little confused, "It's not like I can just grab my phone and ring you up. 'Just got kidnapped, I won't be able to make it to dinner'."

She let's out a sigh, quickly dropping the subject before briskly walking to meet Mark.

"Hey there, is there anything I could help you with today?" I hear a man's voice say, scaring me as I look up to see an attractive man smiling kindly at me. I turn to look for Fae, hoping she can help me get away from ths social situation but she's off showing Mark some ugly sandals, "Don't worry! I don't bite."

"Ha.. Umm. Do you have any suggestions for an unsociable girl with self confidence issues?" I grin with a raised eyebrow, obviously showing I'm shy and awkward.

"Sure, I'll show you to the potato sacks..." He laughs a contagious laugh that I can't help but giggle at.

"Sounds perfect." I follow him as he shows me some swimsuits that are tops and shorts, making me fall in love with them all instantly.

"I'll be off now. A lot more maidens need my help." He winks before disappearing in the mass amount of clothes.

I end up choosing a nice black and white tankini which I can imagine myself comfortably wearing... With a hoodie.

I skip back to where Mark and Fae were before, hoping they're still there. But when I get there they are in a sweet embrace, kissing each other.

My eyes instantly fill with tears but they don't notice me, so I quickly head to the till to pay for the swimsuit.

The guy from earlier is at the till, unfortunately.

"Hey agai- Hold on, are you crying? Are you okay?" He quickly begins to worry.

"I'm fine," I flop the tankini on the counter in a rush.

"Okay... Are you sure?" He asks again, scanning the item as I grab a $20 and a $10 from Mark's wallet that still resides in my pocket.

"Yes." I give him the money before running off, making sure to avoid the spot Mark and Fae are in. I hear them laughing as I leave the shop, making me throw my two middle fingers up in the air at them, even though they cannot see it.

(Dun dun dun)