Chapter 17

When I wake up Mark is on his computer recording a gaming video. I look over to his digital clock to see it's 1pm.

I sneeze suddenly, scaring Mark who seems to almost fall out of his chair. I let out a weak laugh as I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands.

"Jesus Christ woman." He laughs, his hand over his heart as I stand up and loom over him to see what game he is playing, it's not one I recognise.

"Make me food." I shake his shoulders, whining at him.

"But I'm recording."

"And I'm hungry."

"Go do it yourself lazy butt." He pushes me out of the door, I'm too lazy to try and wrestle my way back in so I walk down the stairs, almost tripping on my own feet as I have only just woken up. I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge, blankly staring into it as I can't see anything that can be grabbed and eaten. I end up choosing some fake branded cereal and eating it in front of the TV.

A few hours later, after watching boring day time TV, Mark walks into the living room, briskly grabbing my arm as he drags me out of the door. It's probably not a surprise anymore, but I'm still in my pyjamas.

"What?"

"We're going shopping!" Mark yells into the basically empty home. Matt and Ryan spend the whole day in Matt's room as they're planning a channel of their own, and Anti and Dark... Well who knows what they are doing.

Mark doesn't speak at all, he just drives on, driving to a wholefoods.

He pulls into a parking space that is on it's own at the back on the car park. He turns to me, slightly flustered as he gives me a rather strange look.

"'Ey, I ain't sucking no-"

"What?!? No! That's not what I was suggesting..." He panics as he quickly pulls out his phone.

"Oh... You really will let me do this?"

"Make sure you have a story planned out, I do not want to be arrested for kidnapping." He slightly giggles, scratching the back on his head as he hands me his phone.

I take the phone gratefully, thanking him as I unlock it and find the contacts to enter a number to dial. I enter her number, I know it due to us always keeping the same sim card. I don't dial it yet, I just try to think of a convincing story.

"Can I use you as evidence and say you're my boyfriend?"

"Sure."

I dial the number, not thinking twice as I put it on speaker. I'm shaking and I'm not sure why. She's my best friend and I don't want to lie to her, but the truth sounds weird.

"Hello?" I hear her kind, phone voice ask.

"Fae?" I ask questioningly, although I already know it's her.

The line is silent, making tension fill the car as I look Mark in his eyes.

"(Y-Y/N)?" My heat breaks into a million pieces, hearing her saddened voice ring throughout the car.

"Yeah, Fae. It's me."

"(Y/N)! What's happened to you? It's been almost two weeks? Please tell me you're okay!"

"Fae?"

"What?"

"Please shut up and let me explain." I laugh, hearing the smile in her voice as she laughs.

"Okay, give me a second... Oi! Teacher.... Yes, you, Mr Harlow! I'm going out, bye!" She yells to the grand Mr Harlow, he's the type of teacher who cares about your education, but understands us as teenagers. Obviously, I don't go to college anymore, but Fae is two years younger than me. I look over to Mark who has a shocked expression as he looks at the phone. "Okay, you can explain now."

"First things first, only explain this to my family as I don't want them to worry. So... You know Markiplier?"

"(Y/N)..."

"I'm being serious!"

"I hope you are."

"So, you know that fan art I posted on tumblr a few months ago that he liked?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, he began to message me and we got to know each other... Quite a bit. He listened to me when I was awake at half four in the morning with problems that were totally irrelevant and comforted me when you were on holiday and had no internet."

"Where is this leading...? Don't tell me you're breaking up with me? Don't tell me you've got a new best friend?!?"

"Calm down, Fae. I don't. Anyway, he flew me over so we could meet in person and we hit it off. Really well. I didn't tell you because we promised it would be kept secret."

"This sounds like total bullshit."

"Well, I have him right here if you want to speak to him."

"Okay, put it on speaker." She bargains.

"It already is." I roll my eyes playfully.

"Hey!" Mark's angelic voice sings throughout the car, leaving myself and Fae speechless.

"How do I know that you're not using a sound board?"

"What do you want him to say?" I ask, "That should prove it."

"Hmm... Say "(Y/N)'s internet history was quite interesting with all the Mark searches"." She laughs, making my face fall as I blush violently.

"I was intrigued to see what would come up!" I defend myself, watching the curiosity on Mark's face increase.

"(Y/N)'s internet history was quite interesting with all the Mark searches." Mark says, trying to obtain eye contact with me.

"Indeed it was." Fae evilly laughs.

"What did she search?" Mark asks Fae.

"Mark porn... Mark Rule 34..." She begins to list the sites.

"Really, rule 34?"

"There were some good pictures on there! Of drawings... Not too graphic ones but... Don't judge me!" I try to explain myself.

"So, why did you end skype an' all?"
She questions.

"Our house tripped and we couldn't turn it right again, so I would've told you but my 4G ran out when we went out on the bus and I used the internet."

"Anyway, when will you be coming home?"

That question sets the car in a deathly silence, neither of us have no clue when or how to answer the question.

"Soon, hopefully. Its disclosed." I gamble my luck, hopeful that she will believe me.

"Alright, talk to you soon! Bye."

The line then goes dead.