Chapter 6

We manage to spot Ryan and Matt who are looking around for Mark with their suitcases being dragged behind them. I pull my hood further over my face so the shadows hide it, but I can still mostly see. Mark goes over to them so I decide I can just wait by the car. Dark follows behind me and I start to get a little panicked as reality hits me. I'm a hostage, I've been kidnapped. I can barely walk a few steps before being asked what I'm doing and where I'm going.

As we reach the entrance I manage to loose Dark in the crowd of people so I begin to run. I just run as fast as my body can take me and I don't look back, hoping he is still looking for me in that crowd. Just when I reach the end of the car park a car horn pierces my eardrums and causes me to fall over. Screeching of a car's wheels surround me as I crawl up in a ball, scared. I look up, seeing the face of the mother from earlier looking down at me as she's in the driver's seat. I push myself up and as I go to run off again, but my arm is gripped so hard I swear it's already beginning to bruise.

"Is she okay, sir?" The mother asks the person holding me, I look to my left to see Dark, or should I say Damon, holding onto my left arm and smiling at her.

"She's fine, sorry about you almost crashing." He pulls me out of the way and they drive off. Dark then looks at me, his eyes turning black and his skin returning to it's ghostly pale colour.

"I knew I couldn't fucking trust you! I give you some freedom and you just take advantage of my kindness." He shouts in my face, his hand getting tighter and tighter around my upper arm. Tears begin to rush down my face as I look away from his gaze, not being able to look at him anymore. "You're going to get in that car and not speak another fucking word unless you are being spoken to by me. Is that clear?"

I nod my head, looking up at him before quickly looking away again.

"Speak when you are being spoken to!" He shouts, slapping me across the face as his grip is getting so tight I can see the slight pale tinge on my left hand.

"Y-Yes," I stutter, my face stinging from his hard slap.

"Good, now don't fucking try anything before I kick the shit out of you." He finally lets go, walking ahead of me. I can feel the blood rush back into my arm and my pale skin colour return. I pull my hood over my face to make sure my face isn't visible.

I follow slightly behind him, holding my left arm with my right hand as it hurts so bad. I'm scared to even look at it. When I'm brave enough to look up, I see Mark, Ryan and Matt standing at the car, looking across the car park. Mark's face is full of emotions: anger, worry, sadness and fear. I spot Dark is looking back at me, his face full of regret and sadness. But this is something that will scar me, not physically, but emotionally. As we get nearer to the car I pull the hoodie further over my face to hide it, but I'm pretty sure they just saw everything and I pray to God that they didn't.

Mark walks to Dark and starts angrily whispering to him, I just get into the passenger seat, shivering. I pull my knees up to my face and bury my face into them with my arms concealing my head too. I then begin to cry, I don't weep or sob, tears just run down my face as I stare into darkness.

When the driver's door opens I don't move, I just bury my face further. Then the back seat doors open and an awkwardness fills the car.

"(Y/N)?" I hear Mark's soft voice call my name, he hadn't done anything wrong, so why should I ignore him. Well, he did leave me alone with Dark. But he didn't know I was going to be so stupid as to run away.

I make a grunt to symbolise an answer.

"Are... are you okay?" I feel the tense silence continue to fill the car as people are waiting for an answer.

"What do you think?" I lift my head from my knees, pulling my hood down to reveal my swollen left cheek.

I literally watch the blood drain from his face as his eyes scan over my cheek, getting worried I pull the sun screen down and look into the mirror to see my face is pink and purple, bruised and slightly swollen. I also spot Ryan is sitting behind me, then it's Matt and Dark sits there, staring at the back of Mark's seat without blinking. I let out a deep breath of relief to know he is sitting the furthest away from me in the car as he possibly can.

Mark starts the car, himself not even being able to say any words.

"Dark..." Mark starts, but Dark's quick and sharp answer stops him.

"I know."

"So, what have you told Ryan and Matt?" I directly ask Mark, completely ignoring Matt and Ryan in the car.

"Nothing, too busy trying to track you down." He starts the car and drives out of the car park. As we drive out a random woman's eyes widen in shock at the sight of my face, so I quickly pull my hood up again.

"Did they see anything?" I directly ask Mark again.

"We are here you kn-" Matt, slightly annoyed, butts in.

"Yes, I am aware that you are here but I am talking to Mark right now so please stay out of it." I state, not bothering to even turn around to speak to them.

"Quite frankly I would like to know who the fuck you think you are and why you're even here." Matt demands, making eye contact with me in the rear view mirror.

"And I, quite frankly, would like you to shut up for a moment so I can figure out how much you know." I keep eye contact with him, but he eventually sighs and look away, being sensible and not wanting to start a fight.

"Matt, Ryan." I get their attention, "What did you see?"

"Well, umm." Ryan side glances at Dark.

"Don't worry about him, he won't hurt you." I try to hide the obvious lie from my speech.

"We saw you almost get hit by a car then he pulled you to the side, yelled at you and then he slapped you." Matt scarcely says, suddenly looking sadly in my direction.

"Dark, look up at them. Do you recognise his face?" They look to Dark as he pulls his hoodie down to reveal his face.

"He looks like..." Matt starts.
"Mark." Ryan finishes.

"Ever heard of the internet meme known as 'Darkiplier'?" I watch in amusement as their faces fall in realisation.

"One night, I was Skyping my friend. We were laughing and chatting in good ol' Britain when she noticed something weird in my bed. I spun around to see a black mist that soon begun to turn into a man. That man teleported me to somewhere, then knocked me out by hitting me in the head with a book. I woke up in your house to have Mark walk in on me, ask who I was and then he saw Dark. Dark spawned out of Mark when playing a rage inducing game about murder. Dark then held a knife to my throat, threatening to kill me if Mark wouldn't let us stay." They stay silent, listening. "Mark obviously didn't want to witness a girl writhing on the floor in her own blood while struggling to breathe, so he said yes. That's about it. You're caught up."

"Holy shit." Ryan mumbles while Matt nods in agreement.