Chapter 25

(Y/N) POV

"No, we want to know what's wrong!" Mark steps forward, my eyes darting from the wall to his feet, not wanting to look at his face.

Why is Mark getting involved now? Why can't they see I want them to leave me alone.

I don't say anything apart from a simple, "That's nice."

"(Y/N), we care about you and want t-" Fae starts but is interrupted.

"That's nice." I smile at neither of them, just at the wall. I feel like I look like an insane person right now, I should probably stop doing that...

"(Y/N)... just say it." Dark steps forward out of the silence, catching me off guard as I look to him with a blush now setting in, "Bitch you were just angry at them and now you're demanding I tell them?!?!"

"..." Dark just gives me an irritated glare with a raised eyebrow.

"Say what, huh?" Mark says angrily, making my eyes snap towards his. But when my eyes meet his, his angry face soon slips to a surprised and slightly scared one.

"Okay," I stand up, dropping the remote on the settee behind me as I throw my hands up in the air, "I like you, Mark. I've always had a small inkling of feelings for you, and I thought we were moving to a great place when we would joke and talk about ourselves. But now, you've known her for a few days and now you're snogging her in public places like you've found out she's your long lost mother!"

"Why would I 'snog' my mother?"

"I don't know!" I exclaim, my eyes brimming with tears.

"Gosh, this is why I love you, (Y/N)." Mark literally leaps forward, his arms winding around my waist as he passionately kisses me. What?

I separate from him for a moment, giving him a confused look as Fae smiles happily at us, "What's happening?"

"We were never going out! We planned it to see if you really liked Mark or not." Fae smiles, making me slightly relieved.

"So, the kiss was fake too?"

"No, that was real. We tried it and it just felt wrong. We're not meant to be together so we discussed a plan... then you ran away with Mark's wallet so I had to pay for everything for the party tomorrow." Fae sighs, joining in on mine and Mark's hug.

"I don't know whether to say 'Thank you' or 'Fuck you'." I smile, bringing the both of them close.

"And Dark, Jack and Anti were all in on it." Fae adds giving them a congratulatory thumbs up.

"You're all dick heads." I grin, feeling slightly silly for running away from the shopping center.

Fae's hands quickly wrap around my neck, rapidly shaking my head around "Don't you ever run away from me again! You scared me half to death!"

"..eurgh...mmmm... pshhee... heeell... hellppp." I manage to squeak out a few words, struggling to breath. She then lets go, bringing me into a tight hug.

"It should be a good day tomorrow. We can have fun and gawk at each other in bathing suits." Fae giggles, giving a little glance at Jack which no one seems to notice, excluding myself.

- - -

The day turns to the norm. I watch TV, Mark records, Dark and Anti are off murdering people (I hope not), and Fae and Jack are preparing the food for tomorrow.

Out of boredom, I walk into the kitchen and my eyes instantly connect to the plate of cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks.

(A/N: I'm pretty sure this is a British thing, and you probably think this is gross

(A/N: I'm pretty sure this is a British thing, and you probably think this is gross. But believe me, it's heaven and is at every birthday party.)

"You didn't..." I look to Fae who jumps, not knowing I was in the room.

"Noooo! It was supposed to be a surprise for you." She looks down sadly, squashing her face.

"I saw nothing." I move my arms in an alien and nonrhythmic like manner in front of my unblinking face, stealing one of the pineapple and cheese stacks. I then continue to leave the kitchen as I stuff it into my mouth.

When I walk back into the living room I flop back onto the sofa, rethinking today's crazy events. But my mind seems to come to a halt when I remember Mark kissing me. Does he like me then? I guess it should be obvious but he has been kind of wary around me since then, so I guess there won't be any rushing into a relationship. I am glad of that though, a real connection takes time and dedication, so I'm glad we can go down that route.... But he did say 'this is why I love you'... does he love me? NAHHHHH.

When I'm watching the TV, my eyes begin to drop, but I suddenly jump up again. Gosh, that running away really took a toll on me. I could use a nap. I stand up and stroll up the stairs, as I reach the top I am met with Mark rushing around the corner, looking around as if he has lost something and is trying to find it.

"What have you lost?" I ask, looking around for his phone or keys in case he lost those.

"You."

"Wait, what?"

"I need to show you something." He grasps my hand, pulling me towards his room and to his computer. I sit down in his gaming chair and this is when I see a DramaAlert video pulled up, the first section of the title displaying 'Markiplier's naked girlfriend!'.

"Fuck." I slam my head on the desk, "Is it bad?"

"I haven't watched it yet, I was waiting for you." His hand brushes past my cheek as he reaches for the mouse, clicking to play the video, "Sorry."

"It's fine," I watch the video.

The intro sequence plays and then he begins to speak:

"What is up, DramaAlert Nation. I'm your host, Killer Keemstar. Lets get right, into the news. Now this first story today is an absolute shock to the Markiplier community. We are talking about Mark's livestream yesterday afternoon when a naked girl ran past in the background, grabbed something and ran back. Take a look at this."

A clip from Mark's livestream is then played of me running past him in my towel to grab clothes, then of me running back.

"Presumably, the same girl is shown handing him his dinner on the same livestream."

Another clip is shown when I give Mark his pizza which was earlier on in the stream.

"This, of course, caused an uproar of crazed fangirls wondering who this strange girl is, who gives him food and who is naked in his room. I wouldn't say this was just a normal friend. Despite getting a heap of questions on all social media platforms, the man himself hasn't said anything yet. Now in our next story-"

This is when Mark pauses the video again as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Welp, we are FUCKED!" I sing out, slightly laughing, "Just write a paragraph on tumblr explaining that I'm just an ol' close friend."

"I'll guess I'll have to do that then, want to help?" He asks, wiping his face with the back of his hand.

"Yep, but the chair is mine." I creepily grin as I stroke the gaming chair I'm sitting in.